<  Hobby Section  ~  Vax's Heroes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:38 pm
MortalPosts: 35Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 am
I agree with many of the comments ... the wolf is AWESOME! Go photo referencing! Nice job!

Knee deep in glue, plaster, cardboard and paint!
http://www.battlebunker.com
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:39 am
Thanks again for all the positive feedback! I just got Harrier photo'd, tried moving the lights around but to no avail. I think it may be that that the white BG is causing the camera's auto-contrast to go a bit overboard, meaning the pictures come out very dark and need heavy touch up. What this means is a slight loss of detail, like the mess that is her eye in the first photo, and the shine appearing much brighter than it really is. Anyways, I'll be trying to use something like a cloud background for the next ones.

Edit: I forgot to mention I resculpted her eye. It helped, I think, but I should have lowered her bandanna on the other side.

Next up is a shovel to the face.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:50 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nice work!

Try a pale blue background. That might help.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm
Funny you mention that Larb, I just tried a few test photos before going to be, and it worked! I'll probably re-photograph some of the currently uploaded stuff, but it might be a while before I get revised pics. I'll post them when I do.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:59 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Great!

This was atip I got from Jadin.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 am
Well, I was debating how I was going to paint Six Feet Under when I remembered my aunt's boyfriend. He's a pretty hefty guy, but always looks like he's on the verge of having a heart attack, or at least has been eating about 5 steaks a week for the past 10 years of his life. So I figured I'd go with a very red skin tone and throw in some purplish pants for good measure.

Also, I think the Blue BG made a HUGE difference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
This is a guy whom I'd hate to meet in a sunlit alley!

Great work, I like how the skin tone does make him look like he's about to POP!

Tweeker!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 pm
Nice work on the flesh. The high contrast really makes it look like his muscles are about to burst.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
i haven't commenetd in some time - but some really nice minis there. I really like the Zombie Wolf (page 1) - the colouring works well. Harrier and Six Feet Under are both well done. The blue backdrop works better.

Any more to post?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:13 pm
MortalPosts: 7Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:42 pm
that's the best harrier paint job I've seen.

Offline Profile