<  Hobby Section  ~  Ace Reporter June Summers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:56 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 44Location: Auckland, New ZealandJoined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 am
I can't seem to find any photos of Miss GenCon Exclusive on the forums, so I guess I'm the first.

"Reporting live from the site of the site of a flour factory explosion, June Summers...."

I am going to paint her, of course, and I even have a colour scheme in mind ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks for posting this.

An explosion at the flour factory could be a terrible catastrophe. Flour is flamable, and can be very dangerous when the particulate fills a whole building.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:53 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Santiago, ChileJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm
She needs a cameraman sidekick :P

it loks great... is it primed or resin?

Andres

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:04 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Good pic!

Was going to ask the same thing as above- Resin?

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm
MortalPosts: 15Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:54 am
it`s been casted in resin (similar to regular plastic).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 44Location: Auckland, New ZealandJoined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 am
She's still in her basic plastic (which may be a sort of resin), which is a whitish colour.

As for the flour joke, it's actually based on an experience I had back when I worked in a supermarket. We were throwing around bags of flour when one split on impact. One of my co-workers ended up covered in flour and looked a lot like June in the photo above :P

I'll be sure to post some photos of her when she's painted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Very nice, thanks for the pic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:47 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 99Location: HeidelbergJoined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm
I want that model so much.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:33 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Wolverine wrote:
She's still in her basic plastic (which may be a sort of resin), which is a whitish colour.

As for the flour joke, it's actually based on an experience I had back when I worked in a supermarket. We were throwing around bags of flour when one split on impact. One of my co-workers ended up covered in flour and looked a lot like June in the photo above :P

I'll be sure to post some photos of her when she's painted.

You are going to paint your friend who got covered in flour? That is aweful.

Just kidding. Good luck. Can't wait to see her.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:06 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
Thanks for the pic, I thought I would never see her. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:14 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Thanks for sharing it. I hope I can get my hands on a copy. June is my all time most favorite minion! She packs more comic book flavor than any horde of ninjas could ever hope to compete with. Great sculpt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:35 pm
MortalPosts: 43Location: BPRDJoined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Where can you get this figure from?

I'd like to pick one up if I could.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:04 pm
Hi and welcome to the forums.

April O'Neil/June Summers was a Gencon special mini from this past year. She was also available through a special online store offer.

While she is not currently available to the public, my understanding is that she will be available in the online store eventually.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:15 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

April O'Neil/June Summers was a Gencon special mini from this past year. She was also available through a special online store offer.

While she is not currently available to the public, my understanding is that she will be available in the online store eventually.

SHe's currently a Herald mini if I'm not mistaken.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:18 pm
But she will be made available to the public at some point.

Offline Profile