<  Hobby Section  ~  Invader Larb's City w/Playground

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Here is some of my Pulp City terrain. Last weekend I made a bunch of stuff for a playground. I thought this would be a fun place for supremes to fight. This also goes allong with the Supreme Genesis competition for a team of kids. I still need to paint a few pieces and finish the swing set.

Enjoy.

Here is an overview of a few heroes and villains at play.

A closer look at the slide...

Harrier on the turning thing. I have no idea what theese are called. It actually spins.

The fully working seesaw.

Acorn is playing in the sandbox. I'm going to add more details to this, but yu can see how it is starting.

My favorite monkey on the monkey bars!

Deadeye along with some additional terrain elements I purchased.

Some sandwich-board signs I made the other evening. i'm going to print some fun signs for them.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 99Location: HeidelbergJoined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm
Looks really good. Two thumbs up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks, bnf!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 34Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:14 am
great work!!!!
and what a nice idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:22 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 99Location: HeidelbergJoined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm
What I would do is add some handles (just some bent, small diameter copper rod) to the seesaw, I think that would go a long way in making them look more realistic - they're a bit plain right now. Unless you were planning on doing that anyway, then I didn't say anything. ;p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:25 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Great work! Looking really good.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Accorn in the sandpit made me laugh... Nice work.

Where did the phone booth come from?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:30 am
I plan on adding some handles but may paint it first.

The telephone booth, mailbox, and trash can are O scale railroad accessories in a set along with some fire hydrants. You can get the set here: http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/433-1851 They look great and are on sale for a fantastic value.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:11 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
Very good scenery pieces and that Chimp Chi in "Storm Shadow" version is absolutely great, you gave me a very good idea to paint mine.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Great looking stuff Matt, thanks for sharing. I'm gonna have to get my duff in gear and start building my city.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:03 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
That's some awesome stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm
Thanks guys!

I'm having fun with it. After I make the swing set, I have some plans for a skate park...

And Raven, I like the white look, but also consider the Kill Bill jumpsuit. someone else did that and it looked great. Chimp Chi is a really fun model.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:25 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 51Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 am
The play ground stuff is fan-frickin'-tastic!!!!!!! awesome work man.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:34 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 23Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:10 am
Hey Larb, great scenery. Thanks for the WIP shots--looks relatively simple to copy (the purest form of flattery).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:15 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
I really like this idea, I'm tempted to steal it for my suburban board I'm working on. How do you bend the piping? I've not worked with tubing in mini conversion before so I was wondering if there's a secret technique to keep all the bends even, and stop it from collapsing and breaking.

Offline Profile