<  Hobby Section  ~  Invader Larb's City w/Playground

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks again for the positive feedback guys. I have on my plate to make the swing set and some basketball hoops. Perhaps I'll have time to get back to it this weekend.

Kolonelk, tubing is tricky. You'll notice that the monkey bars do have the tube collapse and fold (which I though would be fine for that piece). For the slide I first gently bent the aluminum tube very slowly. The aluminum can strech slightly, but I was careful to not push it too far. One thing you can do it bent it around a curved surface. This will create a gentle curve rather than a sharp 90 degree bend that is nearly guarnteed to distort the tube.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:55 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
What Supremes do after hours?
Great job!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:06 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks Morf. It has been a really fun project.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile