<  Hobby Section  ~  Darkson's Pulp City

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:27 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 57Location: Huntington Beach, CAJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 pm
After Gen Con I got the Pulp City bug. With TGN running the Battle Challenge I thought I would paint some stuff up.

Still WIP but they have paint on em so I can play.

Cheers,
Robert

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:39 am
So many new painting threads! These are all very impressive, but I thing Mourn is my favorite. He really seems to glow with evil energy. I like the source lighting on Nuke, but the metal could use stronger, more directional highlights (just looks grey at the moment.) Just go all the way to white and add some more midtones where the surfaces curve away from the light source, in this case the 'sky.'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:51 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Excellent! I'm glad you got the bug. Don't forget to share the Pulp City addition with friends. It can be infectious.

I think you did a terrific job on Boreas, but they all look really good. I do not have any experience with object-source-lighting. So I'm working on other projects and building myself up to painting Nuke. I love the sculpt and want to do it justice. I'll probobly do Sgt. Bale fist as he as only one light source.

Again, very nice and I can't wait to see more.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:43 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Love Nuke's skull to flame transition... that is how I want to do my Nuke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Very nicely done.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:39 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 57Location: Huntington Beach, CAJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 pm
Thanks guys.

I have a few more PC figs that I am working on and than I am going to go back and work on Nukes armor some more. I don't do much in the way of NMM so it's a bit of a earning curve. I also need to hit em with a dull coat as they have a gloss look to them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Very nice. My favourite bits are Nuke's skull (most - including my own - seem to go for the green look, so kudos) and Boreas.

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Thanks. Nukes skull was painted in bone colors and than washed in a bright green to bring in that toxic feel.

I have a few more figs done so I will break out the camera and post some photos.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I can't wait!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Darkson wrote:
Thanks. Nukes skull was painted in bone colors and than washed in a bright green to bring in that toxic feel.

I have a few more figs done so I will break out the camera and post some photos.

Any more updates to reveal?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:32 pm
I have painted up a few more figs it's just a matter of doing the photos. I will see what I can do to get them up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:55 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
o more & more ppl on PC forum:)
ok i like the mour .- make him proper basing :)
arent you temted to make a vanis on Boreals ??
howler - gun look dulled .. :(
Nuck screams for a bit of sharp edges in moust iluminated parts

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:54 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Haven't seen your pj's in a long time, man, you are good!
I love the take on Howler - first time I see him as a mini in Cobra colors!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 am
Thanks Morf. Always trying to get better at painting.

Had a bit of time to paint over the holidays so here is a bit of an update.

I wanted to make Chim Chi look like he was in the sewers so I added a pipe for him to stand on and a bit of water effects to his Armorcast base.

Still a WIP but he is slowly getting done. ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am
All very nice. Chimp Chi and Francis Gator are my particular favourites there - looking at your Gator makes me think of what I should have tried to do. Excellent painting and modelling as ever, Robert, and always nice to see new minis from you.