<  Hobby Section  ~  Darkson's Pulp City

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Very nice work. Everytime I see a painted Sgt. Bale I love him more. He is very cool and you did a very nice job with him. The pipe under Chimp Chi worked well. He looks like he's perched and ready to jump into the action.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:07 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 57Location: Huntington Beach, CAJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 pm
Here is a fig that had to be painted. The base is an Armorcast base.

I have been playing around painting Heroclix figs for an article I am working on. Here is the Submariner. I had a blast painting him and I am working on different ways to do water so I can finish off my Seabolt. ;)

Cheers,
Robert

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nice Red Baron.

Good luck having your opponents let you play him. My friends live in fear of the flying ace.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:17 am
SidekickPosts: 66Location: The spaces betwix the starsJoined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 am
Very nice.. blue baron :)
He really looks cool, now if only I could get that miniature.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:34 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 57Location: Huntington Beach, CAJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 pm
The uniform that Manfred the Dead is wearing is the standard Pilots uniform of the time. The name Red Baron comes from the name of the plane he flew. He was also known as the Red Knight, Red Devil, and Little red. I like to think of this miniature as the Red Devil as he is hell to fight. ;)

Here are a few more.

Base finally finished

And the Cap another Heroclix that I did up for the article.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
More great minis - the Baron is naturally my favourite! :D

Side note - are there any plans to make the Baron model more widely available?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:58 pm
SidekickPosts: 66Location: The spaces betwix the starsJoined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 am
I really love your paint style.
I look forward to seeing more.

Yes please make the Red Baron available :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm
I like the high contrast on Mourn. He has excellent depth.

As far as I know there are not plans to revisit the Red Baron anytime soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm
I've had the Baron for two years now and as I have been on a PC painting kick I thought I should get him done. I'm not sure if he will ever get made again as he is sick powerful. Just like the real Baron. ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:00 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Seeing PC and Heroclix next to each other made me wonder - maybe some cross-over? I don't think it'd be too difficult to make up some stat cards for Heroclix minis (I've already tried :) ) and it could be fun to see how, let say, Heavy Metal would deal with Avengers :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:42 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Shalashaska wrote:
Seeing PC and Heroclix next to each other made me wonder - maybe some cross-over? I don't think it'd be too difficult to make up some stat cards for Heroclix minis (I've already tried :) ) and it could be fun to see how, let say, Heavy Metal would deal with Avengers :D

Yeah, but to be authentic you'd need the Avengers circa 1988...

:twisted:

:P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:43 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
leonmallett wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:

Yeah, but to be authentic you'd need the Avengers circa 1988...

:twisted:

:P

If you quit discussing that subject, I might still have a chance not to faint out of the awesomeness of the idea.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:52 am
Right now I am painting an Iron Train, an 80's Surfer, 2 different pistol shooting killers one that's a inspired by Steven King, and an Assassian on a roof top. So lots more PC on the way.

Still thinking of a cool way to do Six feet unders base? I might work in negative space for him and go below the rim of the base!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 pm
That is exactly what I did with mine. He is stepping out of a grave. I'll try to take photos and post him soon in case it can help you at all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:34 pm
That would be cool to see what you did. After talking about it last night I sat down and cut up a base and started to play around with it. If I can get some more work done on it tonight I will post a photo of the base.

Offline Profile