<  Supreme Genesis  ~  Supreme Genesis: Year One

Year One: Who will be forced to evolve? Read below!
Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2009 9:35 am

Commander Guerilla (Guerilla)
22%
[ 8 ] 22%

Dark Solar (Solar)
50%
[ 18 ] 50%

Wraith (Ace of Wraiths)
28%
[ 10 ] 28%

Total votes : 36
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

The changes are coming. Yet another Ulthar Sagittarius scout was captured while trying to sabotage the ground-to-air missile silos in the desert 50 miles North of Pulp City. Heavy Metal scanners pick more and more readings of alien spacecrafts hiding on the dark side of the moon. New homicidal villains rage across the city, the crazed Necroplane arcane engineers bring out the humanity?s worst nightmares to the streets.

This is NOT going to be a good year for Pulp City, but an excellent year for you, Pulp City players!

SKIP THE TEXT IN GREEN IF YOU WANT TO GO PAST THE TEAR JERKER ;)

Yes, it?s been almost a year while the first Pulp City miniatures flew out of my HQ.
All I can say is big THANK YOU for supporting this project. I it was the Christmas time of 2006, I usually host a party on the second day of Christmas for my friends and yes, this was one big party. I remember waking up in the morning and my thoughts slowly forming into a plan. Feeling orphaned while my favorite miniature game went the way I didn?t want to go, just after having devoured a lot of new super hero comic books, I was surprised to see that the next day, on the train to Berlin, I managed to write a lot about a city that you know.

The original cast of Supremes was there already. Guerilla, but much more ?red? back then, Hoodoo, but much more villainous.

The project was slow at the beginning as I still wasn?t sure if this will join my bottomless drawer of 1000 ideas. But after finding Marek, who was able to deliver the best visuals I could imagine, I had enough confidence to commission Degra to sculpt Guerilla. All production lessons were learnt the hard way, but hey, whatever doesn?t kill you, makes you?. stranger, I mean stronger! I learnt a lot and gained many new skills that would make a boy scout shy: a lesson in resins and their temperature resistance, details of spincasting, the arcana of printing, dealing with artist sculptors and designers, running a booth, remaining calm and humble and above all being patient.

So after a year, as my token of gratitude, I?m giving you the life and the fate of one Supreme. How does that work?

Below, you will find three ?What if?? stories.
Over the next week, you all will have a chance to decide and influence me over the course of typical miniature design process, this time kept absolutely open. Concept and background to visuals, visuals to rules and miniature. The ?What if?? will turn into facts. Choose wisely, Pulp City counts on you. The changes will happen early 2010 and only to one of the mentioned Supremes. Let the voting start!

Commander Guerilla: What if many Supremes disappear from Pulp City and C.O.R.E. turns to unobvious allies, A.R.C.? What if Guerilla, enraged by the fact that some dirty fishy aliens abducted one of his team mates and challenged his alpha position decides to act? What if that freaky robot guy offers Guerilla the technology that takes him and the team to the stars to take down the flying saucers out of the sky and send the aliens on their way to the backwater homeworld of Ulthars?

Dark Solar:
What if after Solar?s confrontation with the Stygian and her Forgotten he learns things about himself that would have been better left unspoken? What if he is overcome by the Jaguar God, takes off to the gloomy jungles of South America and not even his companion, Stalker, is able to stop him? What?s waiting for him in the heart of darkness?

Wraith: What if Hellstromm claims one soul too many, a soul that was never meant to be taken? What if the immortal gunslinger finds demise at the hands of Voices and finds out that death is just a beginning? What if his master finally reveals himself after centuries of Ace?s servitude and showers him with dark gifts and powers that the hero never wanted?

Choose wisely!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Voted. Do you want us to explain our votes? :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:17 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
Voted! And first post...I wanted to be for something important :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:20 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Hi Raven,
you know how to make a debut! Welcome to the forums!

Leon, yes, do explain yourself! :twisted: I don't even know yet how to vote myself!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:49 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Welcome also to Raven.

Okay as to my vote:

3 interesting options:
- a promotion
- a (possible) descent into darkness
- a possible mystical near-apotheosis

The Dark Solar one grabbed me the most, but it was close between that and Wraith. What it came down to where two considerations.

Firstly in terms of miniature to come I think the Wraith and Dark Solar options probably offer the most intriguing opportunities, especially with the relative lack of spandex. I know we have Dr Tenebrous on the horizon, who serves as a natural visual counterpoint to Solar, but Dark Solar sounds a very cool alternative option.

Secondly in story terms I imagine that the Ace of Wraiths has a catalogue of souls collected already, so it doesn't appear immediatley obvious that he should now transform. In addition the need to trick someone into accepting the trappings of the Ace of Wraiths persona was a cool feature of his origin, so him moving on/up/down would negate that in some ways. Similarly a promotion for Guerilla makes sense - just probably more so further on in the storyline, just not yet. Dark Solar - well his resource card is marked for hero and villain, so there has always been potential for villainy alluded to, so maybe the time is now. It allows two great major story options: the emergence of Stalker to aid or battle his sometime companion; and the descent of a hero into possible villainy. DC did a great job of this with Hal Jordan/GL (Parallax) and Hank Hall/Hawk (Monarch/Extant), yet they retconned one of those away (Parallax). So to see a story like that occur in the Pulp city world and presumably be followed through and so 'stick' would be very interesting to me.

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:52 am
By the way - what if the unthhinkable occurs: a draw?!? :P

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:00 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 11Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am
Since there are not that much aliens currently raiding the City, i can´t see Guerilla battling them. Also i find the story a little lame. Ape in a uniform? Naaaaa. Plus there are so many Apes already.

Dark Solar has some interessting story presented, plus you only need to release one additional figure, Stalker, to make that story work. One new bad guy, one new good guy. It´s a win-win situation for us playing only villians or heroes! :wink:
You could even add a new personalized Agenda "Fetch him back from the Claws of Evil"*. Imagine how cool that would be, to field two forces with a real connection?!

*Move Stalker into Base-to-Base with Dark Solar, spent action points on turning(brain vs spirit?) DSolar from his ways of evil. If successful DSolar has a break down, when realizing what he has done. He is removed from play and Stalker-Team get´s 2-4Victorypoints.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
We're so happy that your dream has become a reality, Morf. You've obviously taken what you learned and a player and added a huge dose of passion, blood, and sweat to create this project. You should be really proud of what you've accomplished.

That said, get back to work and put Phalanx and the Mecha-Spartans on the release schedule!

My vote went to Guerilla. His mini is one of the core building blocks of the game and it has so much character. I think the big ape has earned his opportunity to take the lead on a major operation, and get some bigger guns.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Erf, hard to chose man... how long til the poll closes?

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:22 pm
John S. wrote:
Erf, hard to chose man... how long til the poll closes?

May 18th.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:01 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 287Location: St. Louis, MOJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm
Space bound Guerilla...I am in...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:40 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
My vote went to Dark Solar as I'm really interested in his character.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 pm
MortalPosts: 5Location: Maine, USAJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:21 pm
I think Leon nailed this one... Bring on Dark Solar!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:30 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 34Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:14 am
this is realy a hard one....
but the ape wins...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:32 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
An Gorilla with a machinegun and a cigar was not enough, you see, he HAD to go in space...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile