<  Supreme Genesis  ~  Supreme Genesis: Year One

Year One: Who will be forced to evolve? Read below!
Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2009 9:35 am

Commander Guerilla (Guerilla)
22%
[ 8 ] 22%

Dark Solar (Solar)
50%
[ 18 ] 50%

Wraith (Ace of Wraiths)
28%
[ 10 ] 28%

Total votes : 36
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
my vote, unexpectedly ;) went for ace of wraiths -> wraith. (tough no namechange needed ;))
I didnt choose to evolve the imho most interesting character (as you'd be inclined to do with something like this.) but the one I find least interesting so far.

Commander Guerilla
as someone said before, I think its too early for this.. this makes more sense when there would be more aliens, and not really unimportant, more A.R.C members ;) (I disagree with the person saying there are too many apes.. heresy!!)
the current miniature also is allready entirely on his own (this is not the proper word for what I mean.)

on the other hand commander guerilla could be an introduction to more A.R.C members, but imho the miniature needs hardly any updates (maybe a bit more ott, beefier, but no change of wardrobe or weapon)

Dark Solar
while this is an interesting storyline, wich need to happen at some time to someone in the pulpcity universe, its again a bit too early, and especially too early for the only character in the entire range that answers the single biggest superhero stereotype, I dont necessarily need more (nor does pulpcity ;)) of the caped stereotype, but better not take him away either, rather Id see him evolve into a leader of a marvel-type heroes subfaction (with harrier too.) turning him dark, then eventually thinking we might need a good solar character and thus making a new one (but then eventually killing him off too, but luckily dark solar turns into a good solar again.) its a bit too "Heroes season 3" for me :p

Wraith
I choose this, as said before I miss some stereotypes among the supremes, wich are both filled by solar (classical comic book superhero) guerilla (typical fitting for 80s/90s action cartoon characters) and while ace of wraiths fits a comicbook world, there are quite some creative wild west characters out there (wyrd, masquerade.) making him more wraithly (and maybe put a stronger focus on magical cards.) sounds like fun to me.
sadly I see Im the only one :D

tough I must say (even tough they were no options) miniaturewise Id like to see twilight evolve, and fluffwise the gentleman.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:46 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
it would be actually nice to be able to change one's vote, since it's not a presidential election and the more I thinki about it, the more I don't know if I voted right.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 99Location: HeidelbergJoined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm
Dark Solar! I love Solar and his miniature, now I want to paint a darker version!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:13 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Really tough call on this. I went with Solar though. He's just got such a neat back story that it really deserves exploring. Besides maybe it'll get us Stalker that much sooner. I would love to see more ARC but I think the big monkey is fine as is for now.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:07 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
This is going to be tight. I think I got something very interesting as a concept for each one of them. But I won't be shaping that alone.
As the poll closes, I'll post my mental sketchbook for the winner.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:48 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
I went for Dark Solar or Eclipse as I like to think of him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:33 am
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Hi,

I'm new to this game but the models and the rules have really got me hooked!

I'm voting for Dark Solar. From a fluff perspective, the contrast between the sun and darkness is just too much fun to ignore. Besides, if comics have taught us anything, it's that the only thing more fun then a noble hero is a noble hero who's lost his way, given up everything he's stood for and gone on a horrible, murderous rampage. Or maybe that's just my view.

So yeah... Dark Solar gets my vote!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:40 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to the forums Cardboardvampire! Nice to have you with us. I can't agree more with your statement about fallen heroes. Just fun stuff all around. Still to early to say but Dark Solar seems to be pulling ahead. Truthfully though I can't say I'd be disappointed with any of these winning.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:31 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Yay Dark Solar; should I really be cheering on a hero to fall from grace....?

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:24 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Yes. Yes, you should.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:50 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Invader Larb wrote:
Yes. Yes, you should.

That is all I needed to know. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Morf, I know the game you were speaking of! :(

Out of it came this awesome game that I really enjoy playing and painting.

I voted for Ace of Wraiths. I really like the fluff for him. I thought about Solar, but I kinda like the idea of having at least one good guy in spandex and cape who should remain a good guy, IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 pm
MortalPosts: 5Location: Champs sur Marne (France)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:25 pm
My vote was send.

I would like to add a great thank to you for this game and miniatures and I hope you'll continue to entertain us for a long time with your game.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:50 pm
Totengraber wrote:

Curious minds want to know about this game thta helped (indirectly) Pulp City.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
leonmallett wrote:
Totengraber wrote:

Curious minds want to know about this game thta helped (indirectly) Pulp City.

once the game had an army of living puppets and an army of both feral/tribal and sadomachochistic werewolves (tough the latter had more of a hyena or dobermann look to them) among their (way too many) army choices, was synonym for quality in the miniatures industry, had a forum that was very active and fun, and the fluff and the art and everything.
but then, they dropped their most original ranges and the rest of the ranges got some sort of strange illness (wich softens the bones and colors the skin horribly.) but that was only a small part of what went wrong. currently its one of our hobbies best examples on how to NOT do things, oh thy mighty scarlet dragon how thy had fallen from grace.

enough hints ? ;)

it seems as if dark solar (please.. eclipse is a so much better word :)) is on the win.
but but but of all characters HIS fluff would definitely allow the original to live on !
Eclipse being a clone or from another dimension or another time... or or.
maybe he is like peter pans shadow... or all off the inner evil of solar gave birth to dark solar.

Offline Profile WWW