<  Webstore  ~  Webstore is...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:48 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
It's here.
http://store.pulp-city.com/

The IT guy will be reconnecting all the links soon.
It's much safer for both you and us and over the coming weeks we will be adding new features and our own, PulpMonstrous skin.

The good news for you:
- It is very safe!
- The shipping calculators got adjusted, now you can load up a lot of miniatures while still getting reasonable shipping
- It's easier to shop by faction and subfaction
- single miniatures got cheaper and some SKUs like 6FU, Mysterious Man and Father Oak amongst other got much nicer pricing.

The news you have to live with:
- the price of the tin went up by 50% ever since we started this venture. My last casting bill caused my heart to stop for a moment. This means some prices needed to be adjusted. Also I got the raises on every possible service, starting with painting and sculpting going to webhosting. The raise on some items should not kill you though.
Most of the two-packs from now on will be 13.99 Euros, that is 6.99 per miniature by the best sculptors out there, still less or comparable to other skirmishes. It hurts the most with the heaviest items and the price hiked for these from 17.99 to 19.99.

I hope you all understand and help the game live and prosper.

I am creating a store-feedback topic in the Webstore section to gather all of your thoughts on improvements to follow. Please post them here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1573

I'll be personally supervising all orders, if the calculators for whatever reason overcharge you, don't hesitate to contact me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:01 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
RE - Price Changes.

IMHO - you pay for what you get for, y'know.

For a skirmish game, your prices are still comparable.

ALL the Models in Pulp City are "Named Characters".

A Games Workshop "Named Character" for Warhammer 40,000 (for example) will run you 15+ Euros, thats more than 1 Euro more for a Single Model than a Pulp City Twin Pack!

Heck a Plastic Space Marine Commander costs 17.50 Euros FFS! (and he's not even a Named Character, just some grunt officer).

An "Average" 1,500 point Space Marine Army will have 3 or so Officer or Character Type models in it (more in my Experience of running tournaments for GW if the beardy bastards can "ram" then into their lists) - Usually 2 "HQs" consisting of (in the case of a Space Marine Player) - a Captain or Special Character, a Chaplain or Librarian (for "kill" Power), and a Techmarine filling an Elites Slot.

Running a you cost of 47,40 Euros! AND thats without the Cost of the Rest of the Force!

You can STILL buy a 5 Model Starter Set for Pulp City for 29,99 Euros, my mate Johns 6 Level "Good Guys" (Virgo & Tritonious and Captain Hadron & Lady Cyburn) only came to 27,98 Euros! 19.42 Euros LESS with nothing more to Buy (unless he wants to, and he will ;) LoL!).

LASTLY the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook will run you a WHOPPING 50,00 Euros, whereas the Pulp City Rulebook is just 24,99 Euros (and is all FULL colour).

When you consider that smaller companies have a reputation for charging more, its kinda impressive when you make the Comparison - Don't You Think?

Now just need to get sorted financially, so I can start ordering again LMAO!

This is SO going on my Blog!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:10 pm
MortalPosts: 21Location: ConnecticutJoined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 pm
What a great Christmas present! Thanks.

Now I spend my rent money on something worthwhile. :)

Tim

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:14 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
tberry7403 wrote:
Now I spend my rent money on something worthwhile.

LMAO!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Some excellent points re: pricing D-W. :)

The main comparison is possibly similar skirmish games; especially those with similar model counts and sizes, and using card components etc.

Whatever the specific comparisons, I feel Pulp Monsters offers me (as a customer) value for money; and since they have proven to be the most enjoyable range in the minis hobby for me, that pricing comparison and VFM is the icing on the cake. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:56 pm
I went for 40k in my initial comparison purely and simply because its the most popular Wargame on the Market (and you can play it at Skirmish level anyway if you want) - and to use "Named Characters" will cost you a LOT more.

I've established a 4 Man Force costs around 27,98 Euros - lets "compare" it then.

LOGICALLY the only game one can really compare it too is Anima Tactics, or possibly the upcoming "Relic Knights" from Soda Pop Miniatures (I can't fairly compare AE-WWI it uses a larger number of miniatures, and fewer Named Characters).

Price wise, the Anima Tactics range CAN be a little more expensive (though not as bad as GW Prices) - and I find (personally) the concepts and designs are all over the place, with little or no unifying concept. Leaving them ugly and a little less satisfying. Also, I have had a LOT of Miscast problems with Anima Tactics - whereas I have only ever had one with Pulp City (Silveragers feet).

4 Anima Tactics miniatures will run to around $41.96 (I used 4 Neutral Faction models, Akio Kageshima/Bella/Celia/Damien) - that roughly converts to 31.91 Euros.

So, AGAIN More Expensive!

If you went for Soda Pop Miniatures (and I do have to admit I like these) the prices are a little crazy.

Prices range from $12.95 (9.85 Euros) to $17.95 (13.65 Euros) - so if you take the prices of two $12.95 Miniatures, one $14.95 Miniature, and one $17.95 Miniature - you are looking at $58.80 for a 4 Man Force - thats a WHOPPING 44.70 Euros!

So Morf really REALLY doesn't have anything to apologise for!

I think Leon feels like me, that he's lucky to have found a Game thats "right" for him!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:38 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 58Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 am
Like Morf said, these miniatures are sculpted by the best in the business and quite frankly, Pulp Monsters delivers a product that no-one else does.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:00 pm
redstripe wrote:
Like Morf said, these miniatures are sculpted by the best in the business and quite frankly, Pulp Monsters delivers a product that no-one else does.

I 100% Agree!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:08 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Price increases occur. No need to apologize until you pull something one of the megacorps does and do it for the purpose of just doing it.

I never really paid much attention to who sculpted what until (and I know I'll regret posting this becaue it only fuels his insanity) Leon started some of his thread necromancy last year in compiling the information for his amazing database. Since then, when browsing on TGN or CMoN, I've started to be able to call out who some of the sculptors are before even reading the information. Pulp City DEFINITELY is home of my favorite sculptors and sculpts. Hands down.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
It may be a silly question but...Do we have to register again in the new webstore? I can't access my account.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:58 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Raven wrote:
It may be a silly question but...Do we have to register again in the new webstore? I can't access my account.

I started a new account.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:22 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
leonmallett wrote:
Raven wrote:

I started a new account.

Thanks Leon. New Year, new account. :D

Offline Profile