<  Pulp City Heralds  ~  GenCon 2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:42 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Ok, so the wife is NOT having a baby during GenCon this year. . .

It's never too early to start planning. Brandon and I will be staying at LaQuinta South again. Check it out if you don't want to pay the horrible downtown rates.

We'll be available to help throughout the con except for Saturday. My wife and daughter will joining B and me in some Star Wars costuming (yup, got the wife to come down Friday night and stay through Saturday!).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Thanks for the volunteering!

We'll get an organized schedule started when things get a little closer and like last year, I'll have a spreadsheet available.

I will not be attending this year. :(

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:10 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Count me in as well! How come you will not be there V?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Not sure if you were more talking about the booth schedule, but these are the events I am running or helping to run this year in conjunction with Tabletop Gamers (TTG) and space provided by The War Store:

- Intro games (6 players, one table, 2 hours) twice every morning except Sunday from 8am to noon.
- Scenario (12 players, one board, 4 hours) Friday night at 6pm
- Tournament (12 players, 6 levels (with an extra 3 level sideboard), 4 hours) Saturday night at 6pm

More details to follow...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I love that the tournament is Sat night, that way us booth monkeys can play

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:40 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Count me in as well! How come you will not be there V?

Anticipating moving this summer and travel money is being used for that.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:17 pm
Well that stinks, move after the con. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:49 am
Ok, so we are 2 weeks out any sign of a schedule of hours that can be worked? My schedule is pretty full, but I will help where I can. I would have more time, but my wife is coming up & bringing my 6 year old Fri, Sat & Sun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:11 am
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Ok, so we are 2 weeks out any sign of a schedule of hours that can be worked? My schedule is pretty full, but I will help where I can. I would have more time, but my wife is coming up & bringing my 6 year old Fri, Sat & Sun

I've sent an email off to Devon and I'll also ask Morf as I offered to set up the schedule like last year. Not for sure how often BM doesn't plan on being at the tables and events, but I'm sure he'll enjoy the help again.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Really it's going to be a matter of having a one of us, or maybe two of us. On hand to run the Demo's. 2 two hour demos run each morning, 8-10 and 10 to noon. So if you can free up a couple of hours for a day or two we can split those shift up. Not having to run a booth all day frees us up to do some gaming and hang out a bit more this year. Plus you know pick up games and the like. I'm planning to actually play some games this year. Morf and I will be handling the Tourney and the Monster Mash so we're good there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm
Ok, well, I'll swing by or catch up with you and see when I can help out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
I'll see you guys there!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:34 am
MortalPosts: 3Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 am
I would have more time, but my wife is coming up & bringing my 6 year old Fri, Sat & Sun

Offline Profile