<  Pulp City Heralds  ~  Heralds Greet You - Say Hello!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:09 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Hello everyone,

I coming from northern Germany. On a convention in Kiel I played Pulp City for the first time. Since that day I build my own table and paint minis.
I hope that I can find some inspiration in this forum...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:56 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Trokar wrote:
Hello everyone,

I coming from northern Germany. On a convention in Kiel I played Pulp City for the first time. Since that day I build my own table and paint minis.
I hope that I can find some inspiration in this forum...

Welcome to the community, Trokar!

I'd be happy to see some of your images when you get them posted.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:15 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Welcome to the secret headquarters, Trokar! You'll find a locker downstairs you can hang your tights in. Keep your feet off the table, Leon hates that!

:STR

Q

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:21 pm
HeraldPosts: 8Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:42 pm
Captain Vimes here.

New Herald from Tucson, Arizona. We'll see if we can get things moving around here. Not too many tall buildings to swing from, but the flying weather is great. :)

Including pics of the two box sets I've painted so far.
Attachments:
Store Pics March 001.jpg
Store Pics March 001.jpg [ 85.44 KiB | Viewed 2689 times ]

Minis March 2010 009.jpg
Minis March 2010 009.jpg [ 46.47 KiB | Viewed 2689 times ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:15 am
Welcome to the team, Captain! We're glad to have you aboard.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:28 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Glad you joined! Welcome aboard!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:15 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to the City Capt. Vimes. I approve of your minis thus far, and your forum name while we're at it. Prachett is one funny bloke.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
ITS ALIVE! Be prepared for the MOST INFORMATION in one Introduction LoL!

For I, Doctor Warlock - Master of the Sorcerous Arts - am now a Herald.

I've been told I am Number 023 - which is REALLY cool because thats actually my Birthday - 23rd May LoL - and I joined on April the 23rd too.

My names Andrew, but my friends all call me Drew.

As you can probably tell from my Blog, Pulp City is a MAJOR ADDICTION for me - its killing me to be discplined and not order anything new till I've finished what I have (I'm actually on the verge of crumbling at the moment).

I've been a Hobbyist since I was 15 (something like 200 years ago it seems) and have always preferred fantastical gaming to historical. I can actually remember setting up a WW2 Skirmish with my old friend Steve and the utter horror in his eyes because I included Zombies, Dracula, a Werewolf, and the Frankensteins Monster LoL!

Played LOTS of RPGs - AD&D, Golden Heroes, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and the FASA Star Trek.

Miniatures games, I generally bought what I liked figure wise and wrote rules to "suit".

ACTUAL (with their own rules LoL) Miniatures Games I like and Play - Pulp City (of course), Spinespur, Hell Dorado, and I'm JUST getting into Darkson Designs AE-WWII (and thats Pulp Citys fault too LoL).

I don't really "dig" large scale gaming, perhaps its the roleplayer in me - but I find mass-combat games turn into a war of attrition with "he who gets the best rolls wins" being the general rule for how they play out.

Had a dallyance with Warmachine/Hordes but I don't like the death spiral aspect of the way the rules work.

I actually got into Pulp City back in 2008, but then real-life (and ill health) got "in the way".

I was headhunted by GW for my Hobby Skills, but ended up working retail as a Recruiter, Trainer of Managers, and did a LOT of promotions work too - plus ran around half a dozen stores around the West Midlands.

I am proud of the fact I never played a GW Game before working for them, and I stopped when I left LoL!

I left GW because my Mother was (basically) dying from Parkinsons Disease and decided helping was way more important than working.

Then shortly after my Mum passed away I was diagnosed with a benign tumor near the base of my spine - but (as the saying goes) what does not kill us only makes us stronger - and I'm all better now.

The most earth shattering news I've had recently was that the pain and stiffness I have with my hands turned out to be early onset Rheumatism - it doesn't really affect me day-to-day, just with fine manuplulation (my left is a lot worse than my right - fortunately I am right handed) so painting and modelling is actually theraputic for me (I was actually instructed by my Doctor to do more - much to Linda, my Partners, Dismay).

By Day I am a freelance Proof Reader - nothing glamerous, just training manuals and translated instruction manuals and I sell stuff online for "Toys" money.

My Dad (who is 89) takes up a lot of my time so working for myself is a bonus really.

Linda and I rescue Cats and have close ties with the PDSA and PAWS in the UK (at the moment we have 23 Cats living with us, including our actual Pets)

I have three Rats that live around my Painting Table - Eric, Splinter, and Nezumi.

I try (well I have to, Doctors orders LoL) to do something hobby-wise every day - and I am enjoying every moment of it at the moment (thanks again Pulp City).

Lastly I just want to say how damn nice everyone is on here, generally I have "issues" with Forums - there's generally "clickiness" and they don't make new guys very welcome - this Forum is totally different!

Well Done To You All!

Drew

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:39 pm
Welcome to the crew, DW!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:49 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:
Welcome to the crew, DW!

Ta very muchly BhQ!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Congrats Drew! :D

You and Leon both do sterling work promoting Pulp City with your sites over here! If we can get a few more Heralds over here maybe we can have a bigger presence at next years Salute! :wink:

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:17 am
Cheers DT!

I was planning on attending next year myself anyway!

I've just ordered some terrain for a "mini-board" something a little different (I hope).

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
ooooooooooooooooooh sounds interesting :D

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am
Its not going to be big, but the idea is it will lead to more SURROUNDING Terrain (if that makes sense).

I shall take pics when it arrives!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:06 am
Welcome Drew. I knew you'd be accepted no problem. :)

Offline Profile WWW YIM