|PULP CITY FORUMS
|Heralds: The Rules of Engagement
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Morf [ Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:09 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Heralds: The Rules of Engagement|
The Heralds of Pulp City (ver. 1.1 July 2009)
Beyond time and space, a mysterious organization called Infinite Hourglass trains the most skilled assassins, the Heralds. Whenever the time streamline is breached, whenever the civilization is leaning too much towards the good or the evil, a cyborg killer is dispatched from the Infinite Fortress to snipe the target and quietly retreat to a place between the folds of reality.
Pulp City Herald is a Pulp City fan who helps to support the game on the regional level. In return, he gains access to all sort of previews, helps to shape the game and the setting and last but not least is able to redeem his/her efforts for Pulp Monsters merchandise including some Herald-only miniatures.
By becoming a Herald you don the superhero mantle and thus represent all that Pulp City game stands for: fun and friendliness.
As the structure grows, we will appoint Master Heralds who will take care of the program on the national/state level.
To become a Herald, following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- A Herald must be 16 years old or older,
- A Herald must fill out the Herald enrollment form,
- A Herald must send pictures of two Level 5 (two Level 2 miniatures and one Level 1 miniature) assembled and painted teams of Heroes and Villains (one each) along with the form.
II. Herald duties - definitions
Herald?s main duty is to spread the word about the game and present it to new players.
1. Demo - a demo is a game that involves at least 2 new players.
2. Con Demo - a con demo is a game that involves at least 2 new players and takes place at a local gaming convention.
3. All demo games need to be heralded at forum.pulp-city.com at least 7 days prior to the event.
4. A demo needs to be held at LGS or a gaming club. A demo needs to be opened to the public.
5. When describing a demo, make sure you include website address of the location and the email to its owner/manager.
6. A demo will score Herald points only once in a calendar month at the same location i.e. you can?t score with demos held at the same store every day.
7. Other ways of scoring Herald Points is to promote the game in various ways online and offline. Check out the table below.
|Author:||Morf [ Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Heralds: The Rules of Engagement|
III. Herald Points
A Herald may earn up to 15 Herald Points a Month (with special exceptions). All or any number of Herald Points may be redeemed at any time. Each Herald Point is worth 1 Euro in the online store. Heralds gain access to special items that will be Herald-only and are 1 per Herald. The cost of these will be announced, first exclusive item to be released is the Herald miniature with gaming stats. All Heralds cover the shipping costs as these are not purchased with Herald Points.
Complete Activity list (new positions may be added, so check it out frequently), number of Herald Points mentioned next to the title.
1. (5) In-Store/Gaming Club Demo: a demo is a game that involves at least 2 new players. For your demo to be Heralded, you need to fill out the demo form and post a forum?s report with several (3-5) pictures of players and the gaming board. Demos score 5 Herald points.
2. (10) Con Demo: a con demo is a game that involves at least 4 new players and takes place at a local gaming convention. For your demo to be Heralded, you need to fill out the demo form and post a forum?s report with several (3-5) pictures of players and the gaming board, the demo should be accessible to all willing participants and easy to find in the gaming catalogue or online. Demos score 10 Herald points.
3. (up to 15) Herald may gain up to 15 Herald Points by organizing a Pulp City tournament. The amount of HP is based on the number of participants. The tournament must be proceeded in the format announced by Pulp Monsters (details on 26th of January). Consult the Herald Central for details.
4. (3 per Hour) Booth Shift at Conventions. To your duties belong all pre-agreed things, most commonly demoing the game and answering the questions of the visitors. Major conventions like GenCon, Essen, Origins, Salute etc. score you double the points and they do not count towards the monthly limit. These points may be redeemed immediately at the booth.
1. (1) Posting examples of self-painted miniatures in blogs and gaming/miniature oriented websites and forums such as Coolminiornot.com etc. You may gain up to 3 Herald points this way a Month. A link needs to be sent. A link needs to be sent to the Herald Central.
2. (1) Herald may gain 1 Herald Point for entering your Pulp City miniatures in varies painting contests, online and offline. You may gain up to 4 Herald points this way a Month. A link needs to be sent to the Herald Central.
3. (1-3) Tutorials for Pulp City or including Pulp City models score Herald points. A good tutorial focuses on teaching techniques of painting, terrain building etc. that help new and/or experienced hobbyist develop new skills.
4. (TBD) Running a community action: anything that helps other players game, enjoy the hobby. Examples may include setting up Pulp City page on Facebook, adding new Trait icons to the forums, setting up a Supreme Team builder application.
1. (2) Submitting a Supreme Tactic to the Tactics forum section.
2. (2) Submitting a game scenario/Agenda to the forums, posting campaign ideas
3. (2) Posting a Pulp City battle report with pictures at the forums
4. (1) Submitting a Pulp City fiction: background story, genesis etc.
IV. Redeeming Herald Points
Herald points may be redeemed every 2 Months. Usually 3 days before the end of the January, March, May, July, September, November a new form with redeemables will be posted. Heralds will have 2 weeks to send the filled out form to herald (at) pulpmonsters.com.
Remember that Pulp City is all about fun and gaming in a friendly environment. We?d love all new players to feel that way and that is the Herald?s biggest responsibility. Pulp Monsters restrict the right to modify the terms and conditions at any point.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group