<  Tournaments  ~  Editor's notes on Encounter Scenarios

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:43 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
So here you are, I proudly present you 9 unique Encounter Scenarios, not just for tournament play but also for friendly games. I'm still testing them but I decided that you will be the best judges.

Most of them are symmetric (both sides having same/similliar winning conditions) to let the strategic genius not the circumstances decide.
I also think that they let some of the less flexible and more task oriented Supremes to shine.

So enjoy and share your thoughts!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:10 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Great scenarios Morf!

We'll have to give some of those a try.

You've been really busy lately. I'm impressed.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 pm
HeroPosts: 169Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm
I think they look good. We will try to test them out this upcoming Wednesday.

I had a similar scenario idea as "5 to 12" or even as an agenda. Though my idea gave one of the Villain supremes a bomb, and they had to go plant it on the Heroes side of the table.

The Villain with the bomb would gain: "Set us up the bomb" AP 2, and it would go off three rounds after it was planted. The bomb can be dropped and grabbed by other Supremes.

The Heroes would gain: "Disarm the Bomb" AP 2 and would have to make a Mind roll vs a 8 (or possibly higher) to disarm the bomb. The Heroes can not be in base to base with the villains while attempting to disarm the bomb. 6s on disarms are still an automatic success, allowing the Hero to hit a home run on a quick try.

When the bomb goes off, it is a 8 Energy or Fist vs Agility to anyone within 8 inches.

If the bomb goes off, the Villains gain 3 Agenda Points. If the bomb is planted but the game ends before the bomb goes off, the villains gain 1 Agenda Point. If the Heroes disarm the bomb, the Villains lose 1 Agenda Point.

It also comes with a new resource, the Defuse Kit. The Defuse Kit is a Level 1 item that lowers the disarm target number to 6, making it easier for the Supremes to disarm bombs. The kicker is this is in the resource pool even if you do not know if the Villains took this agenda or not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:56 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Cool ...scenarios! Hope to play these sooner than later.

A few questions:

How many TP do you get for a win?

I assume a draw is considered both sides having an equal amount of agenda points and a win if you get more.

What is the game length per enconter? 6 rounds?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Location: New Jersey, home of addiction.Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
amazing and innovative stuff there! can't wait to paint up a few more supremes to vary my team up a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Wow that's so great!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:48 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Jim Dice wrote:

A few questions:

How many TP do you get for a win?

I assume a draw is considered both sides having an equal amount of agenda points and a win if you get more.

What is the game length per enconter? 6 rounds?

1. 3 TP
2. Yes
3. 6 Rounds

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 99Location: HeidelbergJoined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm
Not too keen on tournaments, but the scenarios are certainly most welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I have to say I really love these. We're gonna play a few of them today and I'll let you know how it goes. The flavor of these fits perfectly with comics and the world of superheroes. As always Morf you've got your finger on the Geek Pulse. Way to go. Although I do have to say I think the Villain Scenarios are way more fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:01 pm
It's the villain in me and my troubled youth experiences made into Scenarios :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:50 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I wanted to say we've been playing these a lot lately and they're a ton of fun. We like having the more story driven single agenda game. They set up faster and add a new level of tactical play to ussual brawls we tend to engage in. Unfortunatly I've lost every game I've played so far. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
You never lose in Pulp City. You're just waiting for the next issue to uncover your Masterplan... ;)

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 am
I played some over the weekend and have some suggestions (Heroes have a very hard time in 5 to 12), if you do, fire them right here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:55 am
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 pm
Where are those scenarios now??

I can see the link on the Pulp City website but it links to nowhere

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
tendrecube wrote:
Where are those scenarios now??

I can see the link on the Pulp City website but it links to nowhere

It looks like they've been pulled at the moment, or the link has been accidentally removed.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM