<  New Characters  ~  Red Riding Hoodoo is hot (Update! Miniature)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:43 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 15Location: Portsmouth, VAJoined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:11 pm
Great looking art guys.

She's not quite the helpless little girl headed to grandma's house now is she? :wink:

Can't wait to see the actual model.

Keep up the previews!

EDIT: Here she is:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:08 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Aaaargh! I can't see it. Must be some work issue.

I'll have to run home as soon as school is out and see if it works there.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:07 pm
MortalPosts: 10Location: Pullman, WA, USAJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:01 pm
I caught a glimpse of her before the area went blank. Maybe its a flash-firefox issue but I didn't have trouble with Guerrilla.

What I saw looked AWESOME!

Would it be cool if we also had a jpg posted here?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:18 pm
MortalPosts: 4Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:16 pm

the art is very nice(i can't wait to see the miniature) but for me she doesn't looks like a superheroe\villian :(

hmm don't you think does she looks a little like a drune lanyfh from konfrontation??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:42 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Glad you like her, as for jpg's, we'll soon have downloadable wallpapers with coming Heroes and Villains.

We'll try to have a steady pace of a new concept every 2 weeks, followed by a background story in Heroes & Villains section.
Quite a lot of miniatures are getting sculpted at this moment so we'll be sharing greens/painted too.

Bliz: Well, that is the point, the Supremes will be very diverse, some of them far from the typical Golden Age/ Silver Age pulpy characters.
I love The Authority series where most of the heroes don't even look like heroes. Hoodoo is more in the league with Midnight Stalkers than with Superman or Batman.

She is the first Mystery (there are also Science and Nature) heroine for Blood Pact subfaction. These guys are...creepy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:56 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Btw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Wow, that is great. I bet those bear like creature ran like then wind when that giant dire wolf of Red's came busting in.

I'm assuming Red Riding Hoodoo will be two miniatures on separate bases?

Time to bust out the skin colors!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:29 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 13Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:59 am
If the core of the models will be as action styled and dynamic as the gorilla, than this will be hot..
Is the artwork posted the only design sketch of the character, if so, perhaps my initial feedback is that she looks a tad static for a tooth and claw heroine?
Just trying to be constructive here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 pm
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:40 pm
The concept art is great.

Morf wrote:
Well, that is the point, the Supremes will be very diverse, some of them far from the typical Golden Age/ Silver Age pulpy characters.
I love The Authority series where most of the heroes don't even look like heroes. Hoodoo is more in the league with Midnight Stalkers than with Superman or Batman.

She is the first Mystery (there are also Science and Nature) heroine for Blood Pact subfaction. These guys are...creepy!

Not that I'm complaining I think having a variety of character types will make the game cool, but will there be some of the typical golden/silver age characters?

Also you mentioned Red was being sculpted by the same person who did Sorscha for Warmachine, will we be seeing her soon?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:24 am
Yes, Hoodoo and Wolf will come on separate bases.

The art we post is usually different from what sculptors get to see as a concept.
There will be a lot of hyper dynamic sculpts like Iron Train smashing his fist (the miniature is supported almost exclusively on the fist) or running Androida and some static ones like uber cool Twilight crouching on a gargoyle.

Jerz is sculpting Hoodoo at this moment so before we'll do test resin casts it will take some time but hopefully in October, with the release of a playtest pack we'll be able to show you at least 4-5 new character models.

As for Silver/Golden age, yes, there will be Heroes and Villains with those looks, when you'll see Androida, she just cries 'Metropolis'!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:07 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Sounds really cool. Will you guys be posting WIP greens to keep us drooling for more?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:18 am
Only when the greens are good enough to make you drool 8)
I'll see what I can do about it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:41 pm
MortalPosts: 10Location: Pullman, WA, USAJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:01 pm
Thanks for the jpg! Red looks very hot! Can't wait to see this mini and more!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:14 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 13Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:59 am
OUt of curiousity,
did you just say "playtest pack" back a bit?
That would be fantastic for your fans here, I am really jones'n to put some paint on some superheros and photo them up in battle!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:54 pm
:D That would be awesome, right?

Playtest pack is 100% virtual. Demo packs on the other hand, well, they have to be flesh and bone, I mean pewter and cotton, if you know what I mean!

We are still toying with the production alternatives so (as most studios do but few say it out loud) right now we're making resin casts of all sculpts. The pewter production kicks off late fall.