<  New Characters  ~  New Starter Sets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:48 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Coming early next year (probably!), there will be two new Starter sets featuring a mix of new and old characters. And even with the familiar Supremes, don't expect everything to be as it was!

The first concept art has been seen already, but this thread can be updated as more art and even minis appear, in addition to individual threads.

From FB:
Quote:
...new starter sets coming out early 2012. Each starter will be 3 minis strong, one for each origin, and they all will be either vanilla Heroes or vanilla Villains. Each will include a new version of one of the original Supremes. They will be a perfect Lvl 5 intro to the game.

Firstly - Aurelius

Now - Tekkna

Nuke

Ace of Wraiths

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:56 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Loving them both so far.

Is there any more info on either of them?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Not going to reveal too much except to say, the new Starters will each cover ALL of the Origins (3 minis per box), will be Level 5, and most of the Supremes will have very limited Skill selections to make them more accessible for new and experienced players alike.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:28 pm
Added Nuke and Ace of Wraiths to the initial post after digging out their FB images.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:58 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Very nice! Tekkna looks great and the new Nuke is just spectacular!

:) So when will we have the others out?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
Very nice! Tekkna looks great and the new Nuke is just spectacular!

:) So when will we have the others out?

Pester the boss!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:45 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
cant wait for the new starters. the current ace model left me cold, the detail on the face is just bad so im very keen to get a new model for the coolest (in my opinion) hero in the game. :D
the new science heroine looks great. im guessing lvl 1.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:20 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
According to Devon on Facebook she is definatly lvl1 or lvl2 :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:45 pm
hendybadger wrote:
According to Devon on Facebook she is definatly lvl1 or lvl2 :D

I promise she is not Level 3. Really! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
I hope she is not another female level 1 support supreme :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Loving the artwork!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Loving the artwork!

:) The best part is, with the last few batches, if you've seen the artwork then you've seen the fig!

Pickles wrote:
I hope she is not another female level 1 support supreme :wink:

If she is or isn't, there's still two more supremes that aren't here yet. There's a perfectly good chance that between them all we'll get a kick-ass female combat supreme!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:24 pm
Yeah, I know, double posting is bad... but I just scrolled up and looked at the Nuke art again... That thing is just so mind numbingly awesome!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
I'm not sure if this has been clarified but for Nuke and Ace of Wraiths are these just alternate sculpts or will the cards be different as well?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 pm
smokingmonkee wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been clarified but for Nuke and Ace of Wraiths are these just alternate sculpts or will the cards be different as well?

Beermonkey posted a while back that these are new cards for Nuke and Ace. The idea was to have simpler more straight forward versions to fit with the streamlined starters.

Offline Profile