<  New Characters  ~  A teaser from a while back on FB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:47 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
This was posted a while back on the FB page but I don't think was re-posted here. A Supreme to round out an existing Sub-faction:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 am
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:05 am
A question, is Pulp City dead or why we are feed up with artwork and some old news. Iwant to see some releses not the artwork from miniatures which will relesed in a few years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
raven01 wrote:
A question, is Pulp City dead or why we are feed up with artwork and some old news. Iwant to see some releses not the artwork from miniatures which will relesed in a few years.

Definitely not dead. :)

You may have read that we are switching over to blister packs to try and ensure a more regular and steady stream of releases as opposed to intermittent splashes. The previous/current boxes added to overhead costs but more importantly required individual design and also to be printed in large quantities and in sets of 2 or 4. Blister packaging creates greater freedom for turnaround of releases and so forth.

Switching over means looking into the right blister packaging (a more involved decision than may immediately be apparent), ensuring that minis are readied in terms of sculpts; painted samples; and casting. The latter stage requiring groups of minis to be cast at various times rather than the pairs that will form blisters.

We can understand any impatience, but the fact is it does take time to get these things on track for a small organisation. However, if everything slots into place as anticipated, what fans should see going forwards is 2 new blisters virtually every month, month on month.

Existing Sub-factions will be filled out with Leaders (L3's) and other obviously needed Supreme-types. There will be new Sub-factions developed, new independent Supremes, new models for a few old favourites, and even the occasional surprise for Teams that seem to have pretty much what they need.

At the same time the new web-site is ready and its launch is imminent. There will be regular news updates on there to watch out for.

And meanwhile, the revised rules are in closed beta testing which if nothing else shows that we are committed to striving to create the best gaming experience that Pulp City can offer. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 am
raven01 wrote:

Plus, not everyone here frequents FB, so hence this was posted. :)

Welcome to the forum BTW!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:25 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
raven01 wrote:

And meanwhile, the revised rules are in closed beta testing which if nothing else shows that we are committed to striving to create the best gaming experience that Pulp City can offer. :D

Hi PC. Good news above and I can understand how long these things take.

With the Beta testing of the rules, will you guys be releasing that for community input before signing it off? Or is it an internal testing process only?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:56 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Closed Beta is first. It's where we are ATM. Progressing very well in fact! The consensus has been almost universally positive across the board. Still a few things to tweak and iron out but overall I think we're getting close.

We WILL be doing a general open beta of the new rules. For those of you who want to get more involved I'll say right now the more active you are about feed back during open beta the more chance you have of access to our inner circle. We are really looking to take Pulp City to the next level and beyond.

Hang tight guys we're gonna shake this city up! :STR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
New rules make me both happy and sad. I've only played twice with the new rulebook, I'm hoping I won't have to buy another (though as I noted when I picked it up, the spine has pretty much exploded on first opening the book). Will we have a free download PDF again?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am
kolonelk wrote:
New rules make me both happy and sad. I've only played twice with the new rulebook, I'm hoping I won't have to buy another (though as I noted when I picked it up, the spine has pretty much exploded on first opening the book). Will we have a free download PDF again?

I am not sure what the final vehicles for distribution will be (print, pdf, whatever), but the open beta will see a free opportunity to sample the new rules (I say sample it WILL BE the new rules). :)

I am anticipating the open beta towards the end of the year. :)

That said, there are still releases to come under the current rules and so there will be a large array of minis available to use under that set for those that prefer. :)

This opportunity to re-develop the game came about due to a confluence of events and involved a lot of debate, discussion and decision-making before even the first treatment was written; but thinking back, it was something that more or less had to happen due to that very confluence of events.