<  New Characters  ~  Boreas, the slumber is over

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:41 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Sculpt by Jarek Smolka, Concept by Vicente Ruiz Gomez.

Heroes&Villains wrote:
The volunteer team was ready to face the demons that day, but none of them bargained for a demon they found.

The flowing lava on Etna?s slopes turned the night into the 4th of July. The blackened mountain spewed the fire that drowned the vineyards and villages. As soon as the chopper landed, people in orange vests jumped out and started setting a field hospital and distributing sleeping bags and blankets for all those that lost their homes. Most of the volunteer were unaware that 2 American guys who wandered off in the darkness right after landing had a little to do with the charity. The only charity that The Coven carried out since the day of its founding was offering a quick and painless death to all who opposed it.

The couple climbed the slopes. At some point they had to stop and put on the breathing apparatus as the fumes became more and more toxic. Their ESP trackers went mad when they reached the summit. Suddenly, the screens flickered and died.

?John, what was that all about???? asked Martin, a second before he looked into the red eyes of his comrade and his body was sent flying into the boiling crater.

The chopper landed on the deck of the ship harbored in one of the Sicilian ports. The pilot informed everybody that the rest of the team decided to stay a couple of weeks more. Two weeks later, when the ship ran aground on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, no survivors were found.

Fast forward to last week, Moonchild wakes from her feral dream as she smells the intruder in Twilight Hills. She pokes a razor-sharp nail into the muscled side of Six Feet to wake him up. A second later, a man in a black suit shows up on the rocky road. Come on, Twilight Hills, late night, man in a suit? You don?t have to be able to smell the trap to know there is something wrong.

The man takes his time to climb the path, the wind picks up. When he is finally on the top with the two Blood Watch sentinels, he doesn?t seem to be spooked by the presence of a she-wolf nor the hulk. There is something weird about his eyes and Moonchild bares her teeth and leaps at him only to be caught in the midair by the invisible force that hurls her back into the onrushing Six Feet Under.

The wind turns into the hurricane and both heroes fly high on this lethal carousel ride. The air crackles but they clearly hear how the stranger hisses : Greetings from Stygian, you are all dead, humans. There might have been some more of this dreadful poetry coming, but patience is not Six Feet?s strongest suit so he swims down through the spiraling wind and hurls his shovel, breaking the neck of the visitor.

The wind howls and Moonchild could swear she saw a demon face with fangs dripping of blood in the tornado juts a second before all goes quiet and all that is left is the body of the stranger.

This week, all of the heroes in Pulp City know about the new threat, the just awakened Forgotten that joins the ranks of Stygian disciples. Artificer claims that the evil demon is Boreas, once good but harsh godling of the wind, who apparently was captured by a Greek pirate king, Aeseus, who kept him in slavery and mistreated the god for years.
Aeseus would draw on the deity?s power to rule the seas. In return, he would feed the chained godling with the blood of his fallen enemies. With the passing years, controlling the force of the wind became more and more tricky and since the 70 year old pirate king didn?t want to pass on his secret to anyone, he cast the golden cage into the fiery bowels of Etna.

When Stygian learnt about the fate of Boreas, she knew that if provided with a human host, the king of the winds would slowly regain his powers. Instead of sending her minion Hellsmith to do the job and potentially alert all of the Supremes, she passed the information to one of her cultists that she suspected to be The Coven?s snitch. Once again, she fooled everybody.

Boreas is new to Pulp City and his bloodlust and hatred of people high as never.
Fortunately for humanity, he is still weak and can?t support his material body for a long time. V.H. and other heroes are desperately in need to banish the demon while he is still vulnerable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:03 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
Great miniature, very dark and grim. I like it! I also enjoyed the background, specially the hints about future Supremes like Moonchild, the she-wolf.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:35 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 34Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:14 am
Great work... like always. Wish i could visit Gen Con :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:16 pm
MortalPosts: 30Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:29 am
Mort I don't play the bad guys, but this guy is so mine.
GREAT absolutly great.

thx morf :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:34 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 44Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 pm
Wow! That is a very cool mini. And the background story is suitably sinister!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:23 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Oh man! If he's not on my GenCon order, he will be!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Very cool!

He will be a good challenge to paint. I love the background.

Hooray for the Forgotten!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:04 am
MortalPosts: 4Location: Kiel (northern Germany )Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:32 am
Can't wait to get him into my fingers. Another toy to kick some Hero's where the sun does not shine. 8) Well, at least thats the plan.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:15 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I love the feel of this model. I'm kinda worried about the painting myself but I'm sure I'l come up with something. I do love the background on Boreas. As I spent some time living on Etna as a child I feel a special fondness for the guy. Also nice to see Stygian pulling a fast one on those damn Coven jerks. Blood Watch is on the case though so I feel kinda bad bad for poor Boreas, he's gonna get a :STR in his :AGL . :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:46 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
As I spent some time living on Etna as a child I feel a special fondness for the guy.

Oh, did you? It is a pretty crazy place. You can see Africa on a clear day and the wine is pretty special - very very dark, almost black as the roots go deep in the volcano ash soil.
When I was there last time on the business a couple of years ago, the mountain spew out a black cloud. It was very unreal.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:00 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup it's all true. The joys of growing up with a father in the military. We lived for about a year and a half on Etna while my father was stationed at Sigonela (sp?). I was 5 or 6 at the time. Kind of a shame we didn't stay longer my Italian would be fluent. As it stands I just speak English... and very bad Spanish but that doesn't count. Your right about the clouds of black soot that Etna rains down it's wild. I have a memory or driving to church on Easter morning after Etna let loose. Wierd to see old ladies sweeping the black snowy ash from the driveways. But the food is fantastic. Really really good food. Course that was 30 years ago or so. One day I'll go back... sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:44 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:39 am
Interesting. I like most of the model, but I'd prefer the head look more skeletal. He looks sort of like the Grinch right now. Add a bit of hair and paint him green and he'll be stealing the presents from the poor children of Pulp City. I do like the rest though, it was a challenging piece of artwork to sculpt from.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:47 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Vaxillus wrote:
Interesting. I like most of the model, but I'd prefer the head look more skeletal. He looks sort of like the Grinch right now. Add a bit of hair and paint him green and he'll be stealing the presents from the poor children of Pulp City. I do like the rest though, it was a challenging piece of artwork to sculpt from.

You did well, though. I'm not an artist nor sculptor. However, I can imagine working on one model with two thoughts- Human and spirit/ghost. Must be quite hard working that way!

Great model, great sculpt, and great paintwork.

Thanks for sharing, Morf.

Now, go to Gen Con!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 99Location: HeidelbergJoined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm
Probably THE coolest Pulp City miniature so far.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Very, very, nice. Excellent concept, mini and paintwork. Truly superb.