<  Villain Tactics  ~  XENOBI LVL 1 NATURE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:17 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:03 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
NAME: XENOBI

SUBFACTION: NONE

BRIEF: Jack of all Trades / Sacrificial Lamb

POWERS: Xenobi is nothing if not flexible. He can blast, he can punch, he can even play a support role. Basically the little guy is trying to be just like Mysterious Man. With Molecular Manipulation he can increase his :STR or :AGL by lowering the other. This can give him an incredable :AGL 7, or an impressive :STR 4 trump. Choose wisely depending on the situation.

Ka-Boom is a basic ranged attack with a twist. In addition to letting the little guy blast away it also moves him away from danger and his opponent. Make use of this by running forward into range then Ka-Booming back out of danger and doing some damage in the process. With an :ENG 4 he stands a good chance of doing damage and avoiding a counter charge.

For melee attacks Xenobi can fall back on Instant Mutation. This is a very, very powerful and dangerous power. By combining a charge, Molecular Manipulation, and Instant Mutation Xenobi can make a Strike with :STR 11!! Wow, and he can Trump it and Power Up! However this will cost Xenobi 6 of his 8 damage boxes so be careful. More conservative use of this can reliably grant him + 1 or 2 to his :STR 4. If you see a chance to take out a weakend Level 2 or 3 it might be worth it to go all out with this power. Otherwise play it safe give your self a small bonus with a small risk and rember he can still make a Strike action later.

When it come to support Xenobi makes use of Taunting and Punching Bag. Taunting can defend nearby models from the ranged attacks of enemy blasters. Sure it makes him a target but better a level 1 than your more valuable pieces right? Rember this only work on those with weak :SPT . Still great against your opponents minions or other level 1 blasters. On the same token if a more valuable piece does take damage you can always choose to use Punching Bag to shunt that damage onto poor Xenobi. Don't feel bad when you use these, Xenobi was created to be a whipping boy, he's fine with it. Just remeber to sacrifice him for the greatest good you can.

Speaking of sacrafice when you need your minions to gain that extra little boost don't forget Little Kingpin. Sacrafice one friendly minion to give all others with LOS a +1 to ALL oppossed rolls. This can be a very powerful ability if you time it right, especially in a minion heavy team.

WEAKNESS: Xenobi is his own weakness. He's not gonna last the game. Chances are very good that if you have used him right he's not going to be standing when the smoke clears. Knowing that the key to using him is to sacrifice him for the most good. If you need a cruise missile from out of the blue max out a use of Instant Mutation. If you need to keep another model alive one more round, don't be afraid to use Punching Bag. Also beware of Mental Powers. Xenobi has all the brainpower, and willpower of a wet sponge. Keep him away from the like of Trail, Hoodoo, or Sanguine. They won't be kind to the little guy.

SYNERGIES: Just about anyone who need a plucky sidekick can benifit from Xenobi. He does a little of everything. He can shoot, fight, or play support. He can help your Supremes and your minions. Mysterious Man and his many minions get a lot of mileage out of Xenobi. Gentleman can use him to distract his opponents and boost his own minions. He may not look like the most powerful Level 1, but he can hit harder than Chimp Chi. Requires nothing special to use and he's unaligned. If you've got crime to do Xenobi can fit into your plans. He's got something for every situation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:37 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Gah!

Someone ban this jerk from the forum. He's just going around and posting spam. And worst of all - GOLF SPAM! I demand a better quality of spam from some douchebag that's going to cheapen a forum I enjoy. Like, some offer to enhance my male performance while refinancing my mortgage in a way that allows me to work from home and earn $$$ :lol:

Anyway, Beermonkey, please ban Prande99 and delete the silly spam posts on the forum. Thanks.

-Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:58 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I've got no admin powers to speak of. Sorry you're asking the wrong guy. I'll light the Larkin Latern and summon Larkin Vain! Defender of Pulp City Forums. His SPAM HAMMER is MIGHTY!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:49 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Spammer Prande99 has been banned and his (or its) posts have been deleted into oblivion! :D

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:59 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Yeah for Larkin oh smasher of spammers!