<  Villain Tactics  ~  SANGUINE DAY LVL 1 SCIENCE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 28Location: Sandhausen (Germany)Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm
Nice, but i think he should be on the villains board *g*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:18 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 28Location: Sandhausen (Germany)Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm
Hm, i just thought about dumping him between masses of my own minions, like hired guns, and use his horror skill, trying to generate Night Points.
Would that work as intended?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Looks very cool, can't wait to see the rest of the new cards.

I really like the way he works too. It seems like pulling off a Night upgrade will be challenging, but possible.

Please get these out to stores soon, I must have them!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:27 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Cpt. Düne, yes it would technically help him if he scared the pants off of your own minions. They would suffer the penalties and become nearly if not entirely worthless. To generate the Night Points, they would have to roll 1's.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:41 pm
MortalPosts: 20Location: Jersey City, NJJoined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:16 pm
So am i mistaken or can heros take villians with freelancer? Like what does freelancer do exactly?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
The Freelancer skill allows you to drop your sub-faction and be treated as an unalligned model.

Greed is the skill that lets a hero team take a villain or vice versa for a certain resource cost. Gentleman and Harrier both have that skill.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
The for the heads up folks. I have moved the thread to the right place. :)

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:23 pm
By the current wording of Bloodarang, I can damage a model, then pick a closer model and keep attacking it an unlimited number of times until it dies (at which points I can begin attacking any other model closer than the original target) or until I fail to do damage.

That doesn't seem right to me. Perhaps the intent is that each successive target must be closer than the last? Or is it really just that good?

Besides for joining a 100% unaligned team, I'm not sure that Freelancer is that useful.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Bloodaranfg resets in a fashion.

So you choose a target and damage them. Now choose a new target close than the first. That model is now the target of a new Bloodarang, and is thus the "original model" for determining if you may chain to a new model. You may continue attacking so long as you damage your target and choose someone closer each time. The words "original target" refer to a new model for each bloodarang attack as you move from model to model. Does that make sense?

Freelancer is a minor skill. But occasionally sub-faction designations have other game effects. For example you need to be Blood Watch to use the Ancestral Rose or Coven to use the Silenced Pistols. Having the Necroplane sub-faction could be a disadvantage versus some opponents and be a benefit in some teams (like being Necroplane under Dr. Teebrous).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 pm
OK, that matches up with what my intuition was saying it must be - each target closer than the last. "Original" seems to imply that it stays fixed at the very first target, perhaps a wording like "previous" would be more clear.

Freelancer doesn't seem to be in the downloadable rulebook to check the exact wording. Do you decide once for the whole game whether you're using it, or can you use it on the fly? ie - I'm NOT a Necroplane when Six Feet Under smacks me, but now I AM a Necroplane when I want to benefit from a buff by Dr. Tenebrous. Guessing it's probably once at the beginning of the game :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 pm
Again, you are correct. Decide at the beginning of the game.

You are correct that it is not in the current PDF. But don't worry, you will see Freelancer and some very interesting additional new skills soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 pm
Cool, would this update include the new version of the Flight rules perhaps?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 pm
Maybe...........

Stop trying to pry open my :MND .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:12 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yeah it's leave Larb's :MND alone.

P.S. it's easier to wear down his :SPT .