<  Villain Tactics  ~  SANGUINE DAY LVL 1 SCIENCE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
That is true. My :SPT is lower than my :MND or :DEF . But my lowest stat would actually be :AGL .

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 pm
So, if I understand how Sanguine works, in his Day form you are seleting a level 1 with the potential that he could become a 2 later in the game? In other words, if I am playing an Level 5 Encounter, I select him as my level 1...but in theory later in the game he could become a 2, thus making my Encounter 5 team all level 2s?

Alternatively

I could just select him at Level 2, and not bother trying to get him to transfer?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:12 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Correct.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:37 pm
Sweet, I wasd mainly getting him and Zed to fill out my Necroplane list, but that is an even bigger bonus now!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Exactly. Sanguine is a very versitile supreme and gives you a lot of team building options.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:07 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Invader Larb wrote:
Exactly. Sanguine is a very versitile supreme and gives you a lot of team building options.

Totally agree here: Necroplane and Mysterious Man teams can make very good use of him.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:04 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 56Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 am
He seems kind of tough to get his Night profile to activate. You have to incapacitate 5 enemy models? Thats tough for a level 1 to pull off unless he follows a big guy and finish off those that the other hurts. Granted, he can incapacitate Minions of the enemy, but 5 seems steep. A lot of games, that's game over anyway when one side loses 5 models.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:49 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
While it's true that you won't often see Day turn to Night in a game that's less the point. When a lot of Minions are used is about the only time it's possible, either killing them or through use of Whisper. Think of it as an added bonus, plus bragging rights of course. Day Sanguine is one of the only ways you can heal Non-Living Models. Sure it only works on Necroplane models but still it's possible for the first time in low level games. The only other way is with Dr. Tenebrous and some sacrificed Minions.

The power you really want to use is Horror! A -2 to ALL oppossed rolls is HUGE. I really can't stress enough just how big a bonus this is. In addition a large Self Blast of 4" can cover an amaving amount of the board. Now when you consider all those models that failed the roll are at -2 you can see where a well placed Bloodarang can begin to score you some Night Points. Add to that any 1's that your opponent gets on the Horror roll will add Night Points to you as well.

Per a conversation with Morf he figures you'll see the transformation roughly 1 in 7 games.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:49 am
Yes, at this point I wouldn't go into a game expecting to see it...however that being said I may throw my boys at it down here to see what little magic tricks we can come up with to make it more often than 1 in 7.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:27 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Besides, it really shouldn't be easy for a Level 1 Supreme to become a Level 2 anyway. That's a big jump in power.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:23 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Added to the Pulp City Team Builder.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:38 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Random question on Mr. Sanguine here...

At Lvl 1 he is a science supreme. At level 2 he is a mystery supreme. I can choose to take him either way.

Say I take him as a Lvl. 1 to help out his pal Dr. Tenebreous with some sentry bots. During game play I get lucky and Sanguine gains his 5 night points.

Do the sentry bots shut down now that I have no supremes on my team to control them?

Also, are there any effects that apply only to science supremes that would be lost when he changes types to mystery?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:36 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
abbysdad wrote:
Random question on Mr. Sanguine here...

At Lvl 1 he is a science supreme. At level 2 he is a mystery supreme. I can choose to take him either way.

Say I take him as a Lvl. 1 to help out his pal Dr. Tenebreous with some sentry bots. During game play I get lucky and Sanguine gains his 5 night points.

Do the sentry bots shut down now that I have no supremes on my team to control them?

Science isn't required for Commanding Mechanical Minions; so you are fine. Any of your Supremes can Command them (subject to their own rules).

Quote:
Also, are there any effects that apply only to science supremes that would be lost when he changes types to mystery?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Chris

The most significant change will be the shift in the Origin Triad. As Science Nature has the edge over him. As Mystery he has the edge over Nature.

Also, if for some reason you don't equip him with Draku, if he has a Device instead, he won't be able to use it when shifted.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:10 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Can I use Whisper on my own Minions, as a cheap way to generate Night points?

And the even worse followup, can I then use Whisper one turn after another?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:30 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Sure you can. Of course if you Whisper your own minions non of your team mates can comand them. But yes it's a cheap way to get some night points.