<  Villain Tactics  ~  SUPREME ZED LVL 2 MYSTERY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:08 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Attachment:
Supreme_Zed_a.jpg
Supreme_Zed_a.jpg [ 38.13 KiB | Viewed 7602 times ]

Attachment:
Supreme_Zed_b.jpg
Supreme_Zed_b.jpg [ 47.99 KiB | Viewed 7602 times ]

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
I don't get his team power, why not have a big 23 damage grid instead of 2 small 12 grids?

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:16 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Interesting... I think this one will need some testing to understand better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 28Location: Sandhausen (Germany)Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm
i just love this guy.

if his first damage grid is full, the enemy player get's agenda points but he is still in play and can do some damage. that's the point of two damage grids.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:18 pm
Plus you don't easily lose his AP from your pool.

At first I wasn't big on Crash Landing because he takes significant damage himself. But then I realized, who cares? He's got 24 health, he can afford it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Cpt. Düne has it. Take him to half and you get agenda points for him, etc. But he is a super-zombie so it takes more than simply killing him to take this model off the table.

Crash Landing is amazing and very powerful! That is also why he pays a steep price for it. Consider the SBL 3 is roughly a 7" diameter area of effect. Models fully within that area take a somewhere between :STR 7 to :STR 10 versus their :AGL . Models only partially in the area would suffer half STR plus the bonus, so :STR 4 to :STR 6.

That is one of the most powerful attacks in Pulp City!

Last edited by Invader Larb on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:58 am
Invader Larb wrote:
Models fully withinin that area take a somewhere between :STR 7 to :STR 10 versus their :AGL

Shouldn't that be 7-9? He's got Flight 3, so that's 6+1-3. Or can he get the +1 charge bonus with this?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:09 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
If you charged a model you could get the +1 charge. Of course now you are Knocked down at -2 :DEF and your opponent gets to kick you. Unless your landing killed him in which case no big. Still with Crash Landing you have a LOT of risk management to think about. Also keep in mind that you CANNOT heal Zed in any way. The only heal ability for Non-Living is Sanguines power except that Zed is Immune :MND , so even that won't work on him. He'll go down faster than you think. Also with a low :AGL he get's Shot Down easily. Still he's soooo much fun you won't care one way or the other.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:32 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Cpt. Düne has it. Take him to half and you get agenda points for him, etc. But he is a super-zombie so it takes more than simply killing him to take this model off the table.

I get it, thanks

Invader Larb wrote:
Crash Landing is amazing and very powerful! That is also why he pays a steep price for it. Consider the SBL 3 is roughly a 7" diameter area of effect. Models fully withinin that area take a somewhere between :STR 7 to :STR 10 versus their :AGL . Modelsw only partially in the area would suffer half STR plus the bonus, so :STR 4 to :STR 6.

That is one of the most powerful attacks in Pulp City!

(Hulk+Superman)/Marvel zombie = Super Z = SUPER AWESOOOOOOOOOME!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Added to the Pulp City Team Builder.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 pm
MortalPosts: 21Location: ConnecticutJoined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 pm
His weakness is Uranium.

Do Nuke or Nuclear Jones have any additional effect on him (given their nuclear origins)?

Tim

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:18 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
If Nuke takes his Uranium Resource then I believe that would work. Still waiting to get that cleared up for certain, but I would say a Uranium based Nuke works very well against Zed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:11 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Yes sir, it does give the extra kick, part of the errata!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:04 pm
Supreme Zed is not a straight forward bruiser, he takes some finesse I think. I used him and tried out Crash Landing last Thursday, it did a lot of damage hitting four heroes and incapacitated Blood Rose but then Zed was taken down by Iron Train and bunch of vigilantes. We never finished the game so it's hard to say whether it was worth the cost.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:38 am
MortalPosts: 34Location: Atlanta, GaJoined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm
I tried out Zed, and while I felt that I could have definitely played him better, I still did a good amount of damage with him.

To start, while advancing, Death Beam can pack a good punch. However, a Flying, charging, Trumped, Powered Up Pummel can almost guarantee a Knock Down and a secondary attack. I dropped Ace of Wraiths to 1 Hp [poor second roll and Red Hoodoo giving Ace a Df 6].

HOWEVER! Dropping his Agility to 0 = really bad. Thanks to Flight having a 1 is useful, but I got hosed by Ace doing his triple shot.

Here's what I figure: Using his Pummel early is VERY risky, and be careful with it. I didn't get a chance to Crash Land, but I might have been able to had I survived the turn [Crash Land to death, but nuke stuff around it].

In any case, the Strategy I'm formulating:

Hell Smith + Zed: Hellsmith uses Aegis to give Deflect 1, and then Zed uses Bullet Magnet, and allows your support and lower level supremes the chance to advance under cover.

Zed + Sanguine: Running them together to allow Horror to drop the opposed rolls by 2, and then Zed can crash or pummel and be safer with a 0 or a -2 to his rolls as well. Any debuff, really.

But that's from the couple of games I played. Hope this helps!