<  Villain Tactics  ~  SANGUINE NIGHT LVL 2 MYSTERY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
If someone knows MYSQL I'd take the time to do data entry and host it. I've got the space.

Any takers? Any volunteers? :D

I know we'd need two or three databases to cross-reference and call from at the same time as needed.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
Perhaps you could install some sort of wiki where everyone (registered) can edit and add things.
So the work does not stick with a single person. :)

Total Supremes: 52+11 Minions / Painted: 45+9 Minions
Todo:Acorn,Kitty,Le Murtiple(3),Lady Cyburn,Hadron(2),Virgo,Tritonious
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:24 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I don't think that is workable. An FAQ should represent the official answewrs (Ie Morf's answers) whereas a Wiki would be open to abuse and manipulation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
leonmallett wrote:
I don't think that is workable. An FAQ should represent the official answewrs (Ie Morf's answers) whereas a Wiki would be open to abuse and manipulation.

Well, what if we make a Wiki, and we take Morf's official answers and post in it? In addition, we link to the exact post from the Wiki so readers can find the relevant discussion?

Thoughts?

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Sounds more co mplex than it needs to be.

A simpler solution is a regularly updated FAQ that could be on the Pulp City site, a version stickied on the Forum, and maybe even in the Annual if Morf thinks it a good idea.

The FAQ shouldn't be too big, hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:56 pm
MortalPosts: 34Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 am
A FAQ and Errata is the sort of thing that needs to be hosted directly on the official website, not just in the forums.

Don't put up a website and only half use it by posting everything in the forums where many potential customers won't ever click through to see that you're actively supporting your game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 pm
Vertrucio wrote:
A FAQ and Errata is the sort of thing that needs to be hosted directly on the official website, not just in the forums.

Don't put up a website and only half use it by posting everything in the forums where many potential customers won't ever click through to see that you're actively supporting your game.

I agree. The main site for any new company I visit is the first place I look for things. The forums I go to for actual discussion, not downloads or anything like that. The forums I'll go to next, but shouldn't have to.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Quick question on Sanguine:

If I attack Virus with Fangs and do damage, and Virus transfers the damage to Apebot, do I still get to make Virus do something because of Fangs? Or is the effect negated because no damage was done to Virus and Apebot is not a living model?

<EDIT: post moved as Fangs is a Sanguine (night) Action. :)>

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:13 am
abbysdad wrote:

If I attack Virus with Fangs and do damage, and Virus transfers the damage to Apebot, do I still get to make Virus do something because of Fangs? Or is the effect negated because no damage was done to Virus and Apebot is not a living model?

Okay my take:

Fangs has to inflict at least 1 point of Damage to work - transferring the Damage to Apebot (using Program: Defend the Master) means no Damage is inflicted, and therefore no effect.

Similarly if, for example, Fangs did say 1-2 points of Damage to Gorgoroth, Taurus Captain, that Damage would be fully negated by Invincible 2, therefore no effect would follow as within the text of Invincible, Damage of 0 or less is considered to be no Damage at all. Also note that Absorb/Deflect/Repel do not work in the same way as Invincible.

While the Invincible case is definitive, the Virus/Apebot one isn't, but following the precedent I'd suggest the net nullification of effect is the same.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
abbysdad wrote:

Okay my take:

Fangs has to inflict at least 1 point of Damage to work - transferring the Damage to Apebot (using Program: Defend the Master) means no Damage is inflicted, and therefore no effect.

Similarly if, for example, Fangs did say 1-2 points of Damage to Gorgoroth, Taurus Captain, that Damage would be fully negated by Invincible 2, therefore no effect would follow as within the text of Invincible, Damage of 0 or less is considered to be no Damage at all. Also note that Absorb/Deflect/Repel do not work in the same way as Invincible.

While the Invincible case is definitive, the Virus/Apebot one isn't, but following the precedent I'd suggest the net nullification of effect is the same.

Yeah, that's how we played it. But I wanted another point of view because it is s little vague with Apebot/Virus.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile