<  Villain Tactics  ~  DR. TENEBROUS LVL 3 MYSTERY

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:13 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:12 am
MortalPosts: 16Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am
So, why no cool write-up on Dr. T?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:18 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wow your first post and right after us! You'll fit right in around here. Welcome to Pulp City! I'll see if I can get a write up for you soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
? :shock: :wink: How dare you not having a write-up already ready? :mrgreen:

Total Supremes: 52+11 Minions / Painted: 45+9 Minions
Todo:Acorn,Kitty,Le Murtiple(3),Lady Cyburn,Hadron(2),Virgo,Tritonious
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I based him up last night actually LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:46 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
NAME: DR. TENEBROUS

SUBFACTION: NECROPLANE

FUNCTION: TEAM LEADER AND RANGED ATTACK AND SUPPORT

BRIEF: Dr. Tenebrous represents the pinical of the Necroplanes :MND attack dominance. He has powerful :MND attacks coupled with healing, buff and de-buff powers. In addition he's mobile, and no slouch in close combat either. This guy can do it all!

POWERS: Let's start with his skills Non-Living makes him immune to many of the more powerful de-buff powers in the game and adds a lot of theme to the character. Overall this is very useful little skill. Vengence can be a problem. Because it forces Dr. T to strike back at anyone who injures him it could allow an opponent to choose your targets for you. Of course any attack he throws in retribution gains a +1 to the roll so opponents should be wary of striking at Dr. T unless you think you can survive his retribution. Finally we have Flight 3. Dr. T isn't the best flyer in the game but he's more than able to hold his own. With Flight granting bonuses to :DEF , :AGL , and :STR in addition to Blitzer this is a very powerful ability. Keep Dr. Tenebrous airborn. With a :DEF 4 it will take at least 5 damage to knock him out of the sky so keeping him aloft shouldn't be too hard.

Soul Shredders is Dr. T's go to power, his bread and butter attack. It's a potent :MND projectile with great range and an affordable 2 AP cost. The fact that it lowers the target's :SPT to all subsequent attacks is the absolute icing on this cake. Use this power early with Trumps or Power-Ups to ensure it does damage. After that all follow up attacks targeting :SPT will be much more damaging. Combined with his Exclusive Resource the Guantlet of Vikshi you can throw 4 of these a round! That's right trade one of his 3 Strike actions for another Soul Shredder! Yeah you're gonna use this power all the time.

Gloom is Dr. T's other offensive Action. It's a HUGE Blast 3 (yes that's a 3" RADIUS) attack using Dr. T's :ENG 6 against :SPT . Rembering that you can lower :SPT with the Soul Shredders you begin to see the appeal. In addition any Necroplane models caught in this effect gain +1 to ALL opposed rolls for the round. Use this targeting Super Zed while he's locked in combat or to support Mourn or Sanguine while also dealing excellent damage. This is an expensive power at AP 4 but well worth the price when you can boost your own models. Try hitting with a Powered Up Soul Shredder first to weaken a target then Follow up with a Powered Up Gloom for more damage and set up your friends for a nice finish. Not much will survive this combo.

It's going to happen sometime that Dr. T will find himself in Close Combat. Or maybe you just need to keep Super Zed alive a little longer. Crippling is a fantastic power for this. For 3 AP you get an Aura of 5" where all :STR actions cost 2 AP more! This really hurts Supremes like Iron Train, Six Feet Under, and Stoner Hawk who have limited AP and need to be in close for damage. Rember this also effects Scenery Manipulation as it's a :STR actiion! On the down side this WILL affect friendly models so use it around Sanguine and Mourn or other Supremes who rely on :MND or :ENG for damage. Because this power doesn't prohibit movement use it before a Charge or Run to frustrate you're enemy.

Reap is a fantastic power. Bring a horde of Zombies with you to keep your Supremes in fighting shape. This is one of the ONLY powers that will Heal Super Zed! For 2 AP you can heal up to 6 damage on Zed! Just make sure you've got enough Minions to support this. I suggest Zombies and Necro G.I.'s or anything that can infect others when building out a Necroplane team.

Finaly note about Dr. T don't be afraid to use him in melee. He has a Trump :STR combined with Flight and the ability to use Terrain Manipulation he can pull of a charge with :STR 7 Trumped and Powered-Up! Sure you will tend to use him as a blaster but if you see an opportunity don't be afraid to have him grab a lamp post and smack the stuffing out of some unsespecting Hero type!

WEAKNESS: Dr. Tenebrous is very powerful and versitile. He has few glaring weaknesses. In all he's a very balanced Supreme just becareful of lingering near characters like Six Feet Under. Six Feet can and will destroy him in close combat in a single round if you're not careful. Keep him mobile and well supported and this won't be an issue. In reality Dr. T has very low Damage for a model of his level. He hits hard but he won't take a lot of punishment. Hit and run with him and keep the rest of your team running at max and you'll do well.

SYNERGIES: NECROPLANE!!! Basically any Necroplane will work wonders here. In addition bring lots of Minions for Reap. Use his Pact of Damnation to bring in a few Forgotten models, Boreas is a good choice as he targets :SPT with several of his powers. Bring Hellsmith along to add a bit more muscle. Supremes with Merc can also be very useful, Tangent is unaffected by Crippling and can benifit from it's melee protection. Sanguine with his Horror in affect will leave many enemy models wide open for Soul Shredding attacks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 am
MortalPosts: 34Location: Atlanta, GaJoined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm
He's exactly what I need to round out my Lvl 12 forces, and have an ALL necroplane force to boot!

Z

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
Very nice write-up, again. :D Thanks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:09 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Thanks for the write-up Devon. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:36 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
We could do with these formating into a Document, one each for Heroes, Villains, and Heroes/Villains - they would be nice to print out and keep.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 pm
I would like to do that. Should the "Write-Up Collection" include the Cards? I would say yes, what do you think?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:47 pm
HeXoR wrote:
I would like to do that. Should the "Write-Up Collection" include the Cards? I would say yes, what do you think?

You will have to run that by Morf, but upon saying that I can't see it being a problem as most of the cards are readily viewable by anyone - either in the Pulp City Downloads section on here on the Forum.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 pm
Hm. Your right. Have to ask.
Ill link the forum threads for the beginning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:08 pm
HeXoR wrote:
Hm. Your right. Have to ask.
Ill link the forum threads for the beginning.

Okies Dokies!

I just think it would be a nice "living document" (as in you could add to it as more writups get done).

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:42 am
MortalPosts: 16Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am
Actually, I was already keeping these write-ups with the cards as Word documents for the three groups: heroes, villains and hero/villain, which is why I prompted the group about a Dr. T write-up. As a new player these write-ups are really helpful.

Offline Profile