<  Villain Tactics  ~  AQUARIUS LVL 3 NATURE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
It is the age of Aquarius! I really dig that barrage and all the SBL actions!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:22 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
It is the age of Aquarius! I really dig that barrage and all the SBL actions!

A real butt-kicker, even by L3 standards. While all of the L3's can stand their ground while spurring their Team on, some are distinctly powerful on offense (I am especially thinking of Dead Eye, Dark Solar) and I would put Ra'Leigh, Aquarius Warlord in that class.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
He's definitely a front rank leader. . . I think he will make a fine counterpart to Mysterious Man's leading from the shadows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
He's definitely a front rank leader. . . I think he will make a fine counterpart to Mysterious Man's leading from the shadows.

And he has the ablity to thin out Minion hordes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I like him, I like him A LOT!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yeah he's a good time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Is he part of the Ulthar team? Dumb question, but it isn't on his card. Same with Stinger.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Good catch. Yes he and Scorpio are both Ulthar.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
It states E.T. (Ulthar) on the card though.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:

That just denotes that he is an Ulthar alien. Virgo has the same thing on her card, despite her not being part of the Ulthar team. And Gorgoroth is part of the Ulthar team, despite being an E.T. (Taurus.)

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:41 pm
Scorpio wrote:
Doctor-Warlock wrote:

That just denotes that he is an Ulthar alien. Virgo has the same thing on her card, despite her not being part of the Ulthar team. And Gorgoroth is part of the Ulthar team, despite being an E.T. (Taurus.)

True

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 am
NAME: RA’LEIGH, AQUARIUS WARLORD

SUBFACTION: ULTHAR (Even if not on the card)

FUNCTION: Team leader and all around bad-ass alien warlord

BRIEF: A powerful melee fighter in every sense. He is tough as nails and hits like a hammer. He also can set up amazing chain re-actions and brutal team buffs. When leading a team of Ulthar Supremes your opponent needs to be ready for anything.

POWERS: As the leader of an aquatic race it should be no surprise that he is a master of the Ulthar’s native element water. His team power Aquarius allows his team to treat any water as open terrain, this can prove to be a powerful advantage and I suggest you try and include some water on your board if possible.

Lastly his custom crafted alien battle armor afford Ra’leigh Absorb 2. Couple this with :DEF 5 Trump and you can see this guy is safest right in the thick of Combat. If not don’t worry his :AGL 5 and :SPT 7 Trump will also serve to keep him safe. In combat a Trumped 7 :STR will be enough to damage even the most armored of opponents. Add all this to an impressive 18 Damage and Ra’leigh is a powerful fighter.

TIDAL UPRISING: This is an interesting power. While not using a Trump Trait it still hits with :ENG 5 and not only has 6” range but is 3” radius blast. The real beauty of this power is the ability to move any model in the Blast to anywhere else as they are still touching this blast marker. This is HUGE as it doesn’t require the model to suffer damage. This can break up formations take characters out of range and clear models from objectives. It’s also a great way to clear out Minions. It’s a pricey power at 4 AP, half of Ra’leighs total, but worth it.

VORTEX OF STEEL: A nice basic SBL that deals damage to all surrounding models. Not always the best choice at 3 AP and potentially damaging friendly models. Still it can be fun if used with a Charge* to blitz into an enemy formation and let lose with this. Not an everyday tactic but can be effective in the right situation.

WILL OF THE CONQUEROR: Failing the Warlord is a bad idea. So when Will of the Conqueror is used his troops gladly sacrifice some damage to get upto +2 bonus on an Opposed Roll. Not only is this Action cheap it has a Huge 5” Aura. For a big push this is great. Any and all Ulthar can make great use of this. Maybe not the Gemini boys but any model wanting an added edge on a big assault will benefit greatly from this. Use this often and damn the consequences. Best used in the first or second round to deal damage. In the late game when your models are hurting maybe not the best idea.

WARRIOR’S CHALLENGE: Ra’leigh calls out a brawler to meet him in single combat, who can refuse. This is probably Ra’leighs most potent ability. By Challenging an enemy brawler they must commit them to combat. Or simply not Activate that model. If you have initiative use it with Move* Action to force the enemy to Run* towards you and then in your following Activation you can charge the model. If you do this the brawler is now probably 6” or more inches away from his support. Surrounded by unfriendly Ulthar and easy pickings. Also see my write up on Stinger for some combo chain moves you can do with him.

Team Power – Tides of Conquest: This is the ultimate expression of what Ra’leigh does. Once per Round when he Incapacitates and enemy Supreme his army surges forward. This power grants extra moves, or healing or extra attack options. This power also will work on Merc’s in your team or on non-Ulthar like Taurus. It’s an amazing tactical ability. Almost too good….

WEAKNESS: Not much really. He is tough and agile and with a 7 :SPT he won’t be vulnerable to mental attacks or abilities. He does have a few weaknesses that can be exploited. You can knock him down and his :AGL while good isn’t unstoppable. If you knock him down he’s in trouble.

His other weakness is really that he needs to get into combat and stay there. This can lead to you over extending him without enough back up to keep him running. This is especially true if you see a weak model and surge forward hoping to use Tides of Conquest. Watch out for the sacrificial pawn. He can be nickel and dimed away to nothing if you’re not careful. Also he lacks any movement buffs so he’s got to hoof it anywhere you need him. So remember to use him as part of a team. He is a warrior, a warrior fights smart if he wants to be an old warrior. Use your head and plan things out.

SYNERGIES: As the Ulthar leader he should be with his team. The Ulthar are built to work as a complete unit. Each model brings something to the team as a whole. Remember to take advantage of this. You really need to plan to use all the models together and have a plan. The Ulthar can very easily be defeated if you’re not paying attention. Keep them together and build up as many synergies as you can before exposing any single model to danger.

If you face a lot of ranged attacks close ranks around the weaker models and have the Gemini give everyone Deflect or cover you with the Pillar. Once in the thick of combat use Gemini Y and Stinger to deflect enemy attacks and let Taruas and Aquarius deal the damage. The real power of the Ulthar is their movement. They have more powers that allow them to move or force the enemy to move. You should ALWAYS control the terrain when playing Ulthar. They are masters of the battlefield and should remain so. Take the initiative and control the board. Force a fight when you’re strongest and leave if you are weak. These are true for all teams but more so for Ulthar. They are conquerors and warriors they should be fighting and they should be moving.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:49 am
More great work Devon; cheers from all of us. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 pm
MortalPosts: 42Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 am
one question, count the TIDAL UPRISING immunity for E.T.ultahrs
or for the ulthar team?

Offline Profile