<  Villain Tactics  ~  SAGITTARIUS LVL 2 SCIENCE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:39 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:43 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Lure is a projectile that does not require line of sight but it also has no range listed. Does that mean he can basically use against any model on the table?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup. Think of the Predator movies where he is mimicking a friend in distress. It's designed to lure an opponent into range to get blasted. It's a cool power.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Thanks Beermonkey, that's what I thought... That's one heck of an ability!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:33 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
NAME: XYLIAN, MASTER SAGITTARIUS

SUBFACTION: Ulthar

FUNCTION: Master Scout and Ranged Blaster

BRIEF: A master of infiltration Xylian can deploy far in advance of the rest of the Team. He has powerful ranged attacks and some very powerful secondary abilities.

POWERS: Xylian has good stats all around. With the addition of Blend 1 and Gate 4 means he can start the game up to 4 inches further onto the table then normal. When he does this he can also bring along another 2 Levels of Supreme with him. I like to get Taurus that much closer to the action myself. Combine this with his team power means Xylian can potentially start a game up to 12” outside of the normal deployment zone. This trumps even Chimp Chi’s infiltration abilities. Because the Lay of the Land ability you don’t reposition Xylian until right before the starting roll of the first round. This mean you can reposition him in response to the deployment of Chimp Chi! Xylian should ALWAYS been in the optimal position at the start of the game. You have no excuses to have him out of position.

Lurk: We’ve seen this power before on Gentleman and Twilight it works the same here. Only this time in addition to the normal :MND vs. :AGL opposed roll even if it does get through Xylian may still benefit from Blend. This is a great power to use in the early game to keep Xylian hidden.

Analyze: Use this one to spot weaknesses in an opponent for the rest of the team to exploit. This can be VERY powerful as it grant as bonus to all opposed rolls to all your Team. It also has a very long range. I like to use this just before Libra or Taurus are set lose to increase the carnage. Also you should note that the use of Analyze DOES NOT end Lurk. So another great early game Action to take advantage of.

Lure: One of my favorite powers. Like the Predator movies Xylian mimics the calls of others to lure an opponent into a trap. It can move models even with :DEF trumps because the model is basically moving of it own accord. This is FANTASTIC to pull the big dumb brawlers away from your weaker models or away from objectives. You can also use it to pull a model out of cover or into range for you crossbow blast. This is a bread and butter Action and if you’re not using it every round I have to ask why?

Laser Crossbow Shot: We’ve seen this before also. Same as Virgo’s attack of the same name uses the same crossbow resource. This is a fantastic attack power with amazing range and some fantastic custom options. It can also be used up to 3 times in a round. Personally I think it’s better to give up 1 shot in order to use Analyze for the extra +1 on attacks and defense for the team. Your mileage may vary of course but think it over.

WEAKNESS: Xylian really doesn’t want to get into melee. While :STR and :DEF of 4 are good they won’t stand up long to true brawlers like Apebot or Six Feet Under. You can pull of a good Charge* Action with the Laser Crossbow but unlike Virgo you lack the tools to leave Melee once you’re in it. I like to keep him up high away from the action and use Lure and Analyze waiting to take shots at weakened opponents from above.

SYNERGIES: Again as an Ulthar member he works best with his own kind. Lure combined with Tipping the Scales and Warriors Challenge can pull a model well away from important objectives. Use Lure to park an opponent next to a Perilous Pillar then Blast it with the Crossbow on blast mode to set off a double damage to the model. Always take the Crossbow. It’s just too good an option to pass up.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:12 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great write-up beermonkey; thanks for that! :)

A reminder to anyone using a model with Lurk, don't forget it persists after use until the end circumstances arise. Thus for 1 AP Xyllian can sneak around with that added layer of protection until ready to launch his attacks.