<  Villain Tactics  ~  TAURUS LVL 2 NATURE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:56 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:47 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
NAME: GORGOROTH, TAURUS CAPTAIN

SUBFACTION: Ulthar

FUNCTION: Ulthar Juggernaut

BRIEF: The Blind bull-like alien is potentially the hardest hitting and toughest Level 2 Supremes in the game.

POWERS: Gorgoroth is big and burly. His 7 :STR combined with Bruiser AND Reach 1 make him an incredibly formidable opponent. His :DEF is good at 4 but his :AGL is weak with only 2. Both of these are enhanced with Invincible 2 meaning a lot of weaker attacks will simply bounce off him. Minions in particular will find it nearly imposible to damage him.

Every time an enemy does damage him he gains a Rage point. These add some power to some of his abilities and reduce others. In general rage is a good thing.

SCENT THE PREY: This is Gorgoroth's most crucial power. Unless he has successfully used Scent the Prey he is at -2 to Opposed Attack Rolls. The benifit is once Scented Gorgoroth can attack that model without penalties for the rest of the Encounter. He also ignores Blend, Lurk and In-Cover when targeting Scented models. For 1 AP with a good SBL this is MUST USE power.

GORING RUSH: This is Gorgoroths ultimate attack power. He can move upto 7" (with Rage) and makes an attack against every model that falls within his 1" Reach. Try and save this one until you've Scented at least a couple of the models you plan to attack or you'll suffer the -2 to the roll. Also feel free to use this to escape from combat as you are Immune/Free Strikes during this move. So you can hit your opponent and leave combat with him all at the same time. Because it is an expensive power try and reserve its use until you can hit at least 2 or 3 models.

HORN BASH: A good solid attack that can be used to knock an opponent flying. Maybe not the best use of Rage points but in the right situation it can be deadly. Try and position Gorgoroth so he can knock a model into dangerous terrain or at the feet a waiting friend. For 2 AP it's a solid extra attack power that doesn't cost too much.

SOOTHE THE HERD: It may seem odd but Gorgoroth's support Action is a healing power. For 1 AP and with SBL5 this can be a big help to keep other Supremes fighting a little longer. Just rember that its range decreases the more Rage he has on him, so take the time to expend your rage before using this power if you can.

WEAKNESS: Knock Down is probably the biggest threat to Gorgoroth. He's big and strong and even his :SPT is tough to crack. But he has weak ankles and being knocked down puts him at -2 to all his defenses. Watch out for canny opponents who will knock him down and then shoot him to exploit his lowered :AGL . Suprmes like Rook or Stonerhawk are very dangerous to him.

Also note that Gorgoroth doesn't benifit from all the boosts an Ulthar would get. As a slave race the Tauri don't benift from these powers and so Gorgoroth will often lack the synergies other models would have in an Ulthar team. On the upside it means that dedicated alien hunters like Virgo and Tritonous don't benifit from Hatred against him either. So he can be used to take those models out of the game early.

SYNERGIES: As an Ulthar member he works best with his own kind. Let Xylian soften up target to make them easy to Scent. Use him to body guard and heal the Gemini Twins. Use Libra to lure enemies together for his Goring Charge. Tons of great ways to use him. As a Nature Supreme you can have him use Blessing of Hermes to make him immune to knockdown and increase his movement for a round. Not a bad Level 1 Resource to give him.

Any villian team in need of muscle can make good use of Gorgoroth. Thrown him in with Coven members like Rook how can knock down a line of models and let Gorgoroth charge through them. Use Sister Bedlam to heal him and keep him fighting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:05 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 8Location: Augusta, ME United StatesJoined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm
Hey Devon! Thanks for the write up on this guy. I don't have him yet, but I plan to change that in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
No problem. I've been lax on my write ups so I'm gonna step it up and try and get the Ulthars done. We still need to get together for a game or 5 sometime!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Beermonkey wrote:
No problem. I've been lax on my write ups so I'm gonna step it up and try and get the Ulthars done. We still need to get together for a game or 5 sometime!

Don't give yourself a hard time. :)