<  Villain Tactics  ~  TWILIGHT LVL 1 MYSTERY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm

NAME: TWILIGHT

SUBFACTION: THE COVEN

FUNCTION: STEALTH/SPY/OBJECTIVE CLAIMER

BRIEF: At first look Twilight?s stat line does not look to impressive. Don?t let the gun in her hand fool you especially with her Energy trait of 2. Not only that she will need to buy a Silence Gun as a resource in order for her to make use of that trait.

All her other traits are an unimpressive 3 with the exception of her Agility trait which is a 5 and also her Trump trait which gives her to the Basic Duck trump action. With only 4 AP using this ability to reduce damage is one way to keep her alive as she moves into position.

POWERS:
Blink 4 allows Twilight to teleport up to 4? as a Movement action, going through walls and obstacles. You can have Twilight hide safely out of line of site behind a dumpster and teleport her out into base to base with an enemy.

Fury 1 allows her to do Strike actions in a round instead of 1.

Annoying negates the +1 bonus a model gets when charging her.

Thick Bones is a very nice skill that allows you to position Twilight on top of a very high building away from harms ways. Don?t be fooled thinking Twilight can?t do anything while she?s high above on the building you are right next to. Too far to shoot? Yes. Too far to Blink down and join the combat? Yes. Too far to fall down like Kate Beckinsale in Underworld and walk away as if nothing happened? No. Thick Bones allows Twilight to jump of a building and take no damage from falling. Something fun to try in a game round when if the opportunity allows for it. Spend 1AP to Lurk then 1 AP to teleport up to 4? above a fight where you have enough room to fit your base in and and come in contact with 2 ore more enemies. Drop down and combine with Shadow Fangs for 2 AP. Twilight is not striking with a total of 6 (Strength 3+ Lurking Shadow Fangs +2 and the Charge condition +1) against 2 enemies or 1 enemy twice.

Special Powers
Lurk is an Agility special power that only costs 1 AP to do. This forces an opponent shooting to use their Mind trait against Twilight?s agility. While it may not seem like much use against the likes of Androida, Solar and Ace of Wraiths, the true value of this power is using it in conjunction with Shadow Fangs.

Vanish is a 2 AP agility power that allows her to suffer no damage if rolls higher than the damage suffered adding her Agility trait to the D6 roll. This also allows her a free moment of 4? For 2 AP you get a lot when compared to the basic Duck trump action. As long as she has AP, this can keep her alive even from heavy hits like Iron Train.

Shadow Fangs is a strength based special action that costs 2 AP. This power is where Twilight really shines. One a charge with lurk brings her attack up to 6. And not just 1 attack but 2 attacks. Some easy prey for this are Red Riding Hoodoo and Androida with their low damage points.

Shadow Theft is a 2? self blasts that uses Twilight?s Agility against an enemy?s Agility. It only cost 2 AP and it pretty much disallows use of an weapon and/or device till the end of the game round. Not really a special power that get?s a lot of use.

Team Power - Shadowzone

Shadowzone gives friendly Supremes +1 to their Agility while in base to base with twilight. Nuke can benefit this the most out of all the starter set villians.

WEAKNESSES: Twilight's biggest weakness is that in order to keep her very effective you need to keep at least 2 of her AP Allowance free to enable the Vanish(ing Act) in the best moment.

SYNERGIES:

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:28 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Two important things to remeber about Blink and Thick Bones. First thingis that you can blink in any direction, including straight up. This is important to get onto rooftops and inside buildings away from more powerful opponents. Second if you fall onto someone they take damage from your fall and you don't. This means you can, and should, use yourself as a ranged weapon to inflict damage before using shadow fangs. Keep twilight moving and blinking in and out so she can't be pinned down and she is a real terror. Let her get charaged and she'll go down really quickly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Move* of the rooftop ledge + Shadow Fangs with effective Strength 6, all for 3 Action Points.... that hurts. Problem is she doesn't have enough AP to Run* away afterwards so you better kill what you've intended to kill.
Overall, she is a great objective taker.

And Shadow Theft is awesome if used properly, I recently used it on Androida who run up and wanted to trigger the Force Field to block of Hellsmith> Sorry Tin Can Girl....

As some of you might have noticed, all Supremes have this one Action that seems SO odd and situational but there will be 1 in 10 situation when it might be a game winner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:00 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I also find that she is extremely good at sneaking around to complete agenda objectives. She is a difficult model to pin down.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I hope Joel doesn't mind me moving this topic here and reformating it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:32 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Not at all Morf :)

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:47 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Used in a dynamic duo with some big guy like Hellsmith, she's extremely dangerous. I found I don't like her gun too much, as she's built for blitzkrieg. I usually pin down some tough guy with Hellsmith, and sneak Twilight behind him to administer a deadly final blow.
She's a very good "sniper" as well, since she can wait for a target hidden on a roof, and with a little luck, your opponent might even forget about her, that is, until she rushes down onto her prey...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I like the option for the Silencer Pistols, but they are not her main job. They can be very helpful versus minions, citizens, models with Flight, and low AGL supremes. But do not be distracted by them. She really wants to get into hand-to-hand combat.

Also, in the Falling rules it says that voluntarily falling may not be combined with another action. So she can fall on someone, but wouldn't she have to wait until her next activation to Shadow Fangs?

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Had a game with Twilight last night and were a bit confused by her Shadow Theft power. It's a Self Blast 2, which is range 2, but then says to make an opposed roll against all enemy models within :AGL range in the description that are carrying weapon and/or device resources, which unbuffed means range 5. So is it intended to work by:

a. making the self blast 2inch opposed roll and apply damage and then make a second opposed roll against models within 5inches with a resource and apply no damage but they lose their resource?

b. ignore the 2 in Self Blast and make one opposed roll against all models within 5inches but only if they have a resource and apply damage and they lose their resource?

c. same as b but you don't apply damage?

Cheers!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:46 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
When I play Twilight, I make one opposed roll for damage against everyone in the SBL2.

I then make another opposed roll for everyone within her :AGL 5 and follow the rules on Shadow Theft at that point.

So, two opposed rolls from my humble viewpoint since you do the SBL2 normally, then the in the description, you follow it as well.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM