<  Villain Tactics  ~  BOREAS LVL 2 MYSTERY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
baskinders wrote:
One I forgot to ask last night. Boreas using Gale on a model, does it count as a Projectile? i.e. is it effected by all the normal projectile things (base-to-base condition, cover, line of sight) or is it something else?

Cheers legends!

For Throw (object):Rank 1 objects count as Projectile, Rank 2 and 3 as Blasts since Gale moves stuff per Throw (per the Errata).

For models: simply use the rules as written, since no Pr is listed don't apply those requirements. Against models (i.e. supremes and Minions on 30mm bases only

1. Choose model
2. Opposed roll ( :ENG vs. :DEF )
3. If you win move it up to 4"
4. If a collision occurs Opposed Roll of :STR 5 vs. :DEF

So does the initial opposed roll cause damage like all other opposed rolls? We assumed so as it's an opposed roll and doesn't say that it doesn't cause damage? Which makes it a ridiculously awesome power for 2AP (6inch ranged attack that ignores LOS and modifiers/causes damage/moves the target 4 inches/causes another quite powerful opposed roll on it and potentially another enemy model)!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
This is where Read As Written maybe conflicts with possible Read As Intended. Boreas was before my time in development, so I can only go with how I see it, and not follow any prior discussion.

The point of contention is the Opposed Roll.

The Guide stipulates that:

Quote:
Any Action that pits one Trait vs. another Trait deals Damage, unless mentioned otherwise.

Since the Action Trait line does not list Trait vs. trait and only :ENG , I have always taken that to mean that any Opposed Roll called for within the description (much like Lurk as a comparable example) does not inflict Damage except where stated. Some versions of Lurk clarify this no Damage aspect (Sagittarius for example). That said, we can easily include a clear ruling within the next Errata.

So my Read As (possibly) Intended is no Damage except from the collision.

Beermonkey or Morf may be able to shed better light on this than me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:32 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Correct NO DAMAGE from being hit with Gale. You only take damage if you are moved into an object.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:30 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Beermonkey wrote:
Correct NO DAMAGE from being hit with Gale. You only take damage if you are moved into an object.

That makes more sense then, still an awesome power but not as ridiculous as we thought :). Cheers guys, always so quick with the responses!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Pulp Citizen and I tend to live on this board. I'm not sure if we mean to do it or what but I think between us we check in about every hour or so. It's kinda sad in a way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Beermonkey wrote:
Pulp Citizen and I tend to live on this board. I'm not sure if we mean to do it or what but I think between us we check in about every hour or so. It's kinda sad in a way.

What could be sad about having found something you're passionate enough about to really support? Some people dream of finding a hobby that they can care so much about.

:) Besides, your passion for this game has rubbed off on the rest of us!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 am
Glad to hear it! Now we just need to get together a bit more often. When are they gonna invent the damn teleporter already!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:01 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
This came up in another thread but I thought I would ask here to have ot cleared up.

When Boreas uses Whirlwind is he considered to be 'within' the Aura?
Do ranged attacks agaisnt him suffer from the -2?