Author Message

<  Hero/Villain Tactics  ~  SILVERAGER LVL 2 SCIENCE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
dboeren wrote:
Anyone else here tempted to paint him up with green fur and purple pants?

I can probably resist the green fur, but he's DEFINITELY getting the purple pants.


I hadn't thought of that LoL, but its appealing now you mention it!



_________________
I am Spartacus (apparently)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
If someone would be up to the task of transcribing the cards into text, I'd be glad to add him into the Team Builder.



_________________
Totengraber's Workplace
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Totengraber wrote:
If someone would be up to the task of transcribing the cards into text, I'd be glad to add him into the Team Builder.


Is that a hint ;)



_________________
I am Spartacus (apparently)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:51 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Sure!



_________________
Totengraber's Workplace
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:01 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Totengraber wrote:
Sure!


I've already made a start, I'll do a little more this afternoon at the Hospital - Dads got a scan, I'll do it on my netbook!



_________________
I am Spartacus (apparently)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:45 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Silverager is added to the Team Builder (Thanks again, Hapotte!)



_________________
Totengraber's Workplace
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Superb, Nicely, Nicely!



_________________
I am Spartacus (apparently)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:40 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Beermonkey wrote:
It's a proven scientific fact: "People love monkeys."


That reads so very wrong . . . . . .


Jungle love!

The monkeys are cool. But I'm still more enamored with the Ulthars and Team Evil(TM) from the Necroplane. All flyers baby! Except for Sanguine, but Crimson Mist is kinda close.



_________________
Painting - Rooftop Heroes Team for Pulp City
Sculpting - Aliens for AE-Bounty
Writing - Fiction and books for Darkson
Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:03 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup Necroplan is like the evil Air Force of Pulp City. I gotta put Flight of the Valkries on my Ipod for everytime the Necroplane show up!



_________________
Pulp City Lead Troubleshooter
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:45 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I like A.R.C., Necroplane, and Ulthars. Forgotten too, even though they're not really filled out yet. But I also REALLY like that I'm not constrained to any of these subfactions, I can also pick and choose mixed teams of whoever I happen to like best.

Locally though, I must say that monkeys seem to be the most popular. Being Hero/Villains surely helps since you can mix them with pretty much anything else you like.

Also looking forward to the eventual release of subfactions such as pirates, wizards, ninjas, elementals, Cthulhu, lizardmen, hive-minds, lycanthropes, the main cast from The Tick cartoon, and of course more extra-terrestrials. Keep 'em coming!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Based on the demos I've done the last couple of years at Gen Con, I've found most people gravitate to the ARC. I like them, but not as much as I like some of the other teams like Blood Watch and Coven.



_________________
Totengraber's Workplace
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:08 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 148Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm
Gave him a shot last week, and I have to admit that I wasn't sure what to do with this guy. Intercept, Calm Down, and Apecraft didn't come into play very much in my Coven team. It was all about spamming spinebreaker each turn. Having a strike that can get such a high pow is very useful for taking out mighty tanking supremes.

Until Silverager takes the damage to go into his rage triggers, I used his mental stat to go for the starting rolls, and just used spinebreaker if he gets into combat. Then it's just spinebreaker and strike and strike (3 AP a turn/4 if you charge). Honestly, be careful because when he starts building up rage triggers his defenses get weaker and he becomes more fragile.



_________________
... Something to Consider...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:38 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Corporate_Sellout wrote:
Gave him a shot last week, and I have to admit that I wasn't sure what to do with this guy. Intercept, Calm Down, and Apecraft didn't come into play very much in my Coven team. It was all about spamming spinebreaker each turn. Having a strike that can get such a high pow is very useful for taking out mighty tanking supremes.

Until Silverager takes the damage to go into his rage triggers, I used his mental stat to go for the starting rolls, and just used spinebreaker if he gets into combat. Then it's just spinebreaker and strike and strike (3 AP a turn/4 if you charge). Honestly, be careful because when he starts building up rage triggers his defenses get weaker and he becomes more fragile.


I think he will work better with all ARC teams tbh (as it should be really) and the more people use him the more this will come to light.



_________________
I am Spartacus (apparently)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Corporate_Sellout wrote:
Gave him a shot last week, and I have to admit that I wasn't sure what to do with this guy. Intercept, Calm Down, and Apecraft didn't come into play very much in my Coven team. It was all about spamming spinebreaker each turn. Having a strike that can get such a high pow is very useful for taking out mighty tanking supremes.

Until Silverager takes the damage to go into his rage triggers, I used his mental stat to go for the starting rolls, and just used spinebreaker if he gets into combat. Then it's just spinebreaker and strike and strike (3 AP a turn/4 if you charge). Honestly, be careful because when he starts building up rage triggers his defenses get weaker and he becomes more fragile.


I think he will work better with all ARC teams tbh (as it should be really) and the more people use him the more this will come to light.


I agree with DW in that Silverager - as with any model - is best considered in context of the Team you want to build, but also what you face; put him in a Team with Mechanical models and Apecraft becomes very appealing (think about Lady Cyburn, Dr. Mercury, Androida; C.O.R.E. is redundant of course since by taking Silverager you lose C.O.R.E.'s Powergrid Team power).

Calm Down is purely about managing Silverager's rage points, so it really depends on which Trait-sets you want to have/use or otherwise.

Intercept is always more likely to see use when facing :STR Trump models and a bunch of scenery suitable for use with Throw. Don't forget that Intercept can always play off a trump, no matter the Rage points total.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:35 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
I really enjoyed this report & the ohter ones.


"Silverager sought to intervene, using Apecraft to repair Apebot, before Dr Mercury moved forwards, while Howler?s Gun Bravado clipped Dr Mercury, although Chronin again survived unhurt."

I do not think this is allowed as Apebot is immune to :MND being a construct. (I cannot see much use for Apecraft at all)


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 2 of 3
38 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron