<  Hero/Villain Tactics  ~  VIRGO LVL 2 NATURE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I know a few people that will be happy to see these new cards posted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:33 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
10 range .. well well .. add to that tengant skils end you got execution

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:55 am
MortalPosts: 34Location: Atlanta, GaJoined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm
Can anyone explain the *Held part of her team power? I guess I'm not sure how that works.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
It means that Virgo can use any of her actions against an Ulthar Supreme out of turn. Just as if she had paid the AP and declared the Action Held*. I'm guessing you're not familiar with the Hold* Action.

Basically anytime a Supreme A) Declares an Action. B) Begins moving C) Ends a Move Action the Held* Action goes off. What this does is let Virgo shoot in the middle of an enemy Ulthars Move* or Charge Action! ANY ULTHAR, ANY TIME!!! It's a very, very powerful team power. Especially since she can use her x-bow up to 3 times a round! Good stuff when hunting Ulthars.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:41 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
NAME: VIRGO

SUBFACTION: NONE

FUNCTION: ANTI-ALIEN SNIPER GODDESS

BRIEF: Virgo is a pretty straightforward blaster. She likes to be at long range and blasting but she’s got a bag full of tricks for when she gets cornered that can make her a real handful.

POWERS: Virgo’s Trait line is very strong, with good solid 4’s and 5’s across the board. Of course :ENG and :AGL are her Trumps as befits the stealthy ranged shooter. However due to her solid stats it possible to put her into close combat if you can get a charge off or to avoid being charged yourself.

Laser Crossbow Shot is Virgo’s bread and butter power. It a fantastic Action with good damage and amazing range. Add to that the fact that you can use it up to THREE times a round, by sacrificing both her available Strike Actions. Then combine that with Laser Crossbow and you can: turn it into a Blast 1, Ignore/Cover and Blend, or reduce an enemies Movement distance. Yup that's a LOT of power and versatility. Now granted :ENG 5 isn’t the most powerful attack in the game but you can Trump it and or Power Up this attack and it becomes a real threat. The only draw back is that you can’t use it when in Base to Base. This defeats half of the Precision Trump power but it’s a small price to pay.

Sometimes Virgo might not be able to shoot. So what can she do then? Leave combat of course. Blade Swing plus a move allows Vigo to hit a model and if she succeeds with the Opposed Roll she can instantly leave Base to Base and then Walk* or Run* away to continue her ranged attacks. I like to combine this with a Charge* action in order to take advantage of her Laser Crossbow’s additional +1. This let’s you hit that bruiser who’s threatening you and then dance away to continue to harass them. At an effective :STR 6 it’s a good way to spend 3 AP.

Nanotraps is one of my favorite Actions. It doesn’t sound terribly impressive at first. There will be times though when Virgo is alone and surrounded and this Action can actually put out some decent damage. Every die that your opponent rolls that pops up 1 deals damage. That includes the both Trump dice, and any Power Up dice! It discourages your opponent from Powering Up and Trumping and has a good-sized Aura to it. I really like this Action it’s worked amazingly well for me on several occasions. Try and use it early when you think Virgo may be charged or trapped into a corner. Also use it against models, like Dr. Mercury with Anvil running, who rolls a lot of dice anyway. Be aware though that this WILL affect friendly models.

Finally to help her stay hidden Virgo has her Mind Camo. This is a nice action that allows you to hide from weak :MND enemies. For 1 AP it’s a good use of AP in any round where Virgo will be Moving*.

WEAKNESSES: Virgo’s big weakness is that she’s not a team player. She’s largely a loner that tends to stick to sniper nests and roam the perimeter. She’ll often be outside of the support range or her team. This is fine as she’s built for this but can lead to her being unable to take objectives or hold key points well. She’s a sniper play her that way and you’ll do fine.

In the end a good brawler like Six Feet Under or Hellsmith’ll pummel her. So watch out for this. Keep her moving and shooting, better to keep her out of combat than take a third shoot.

SYNERGIES: TAKE HER CROSSBOW!!!! This is such a must have it’s not even funny. Other than that she works well in any team where you want a fast sneaky mobile shooter. Against Ulthar her team power can really disrupt their plans. Remember to keep her near terrain to take advantage of Blend. With Blitzer 1 don’t be afraid to shoot and scoot to keep her in range of the best target but out of combat. It helps if you have another fast bruiser to keep pace with Virgo and block attackers coming after her. Other mobile strikers like Skyline or Jade Hawk work well for this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Nice round up Devon. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 pm
Figured we should start filling in these blanks again. Feel free to chime in Leon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:16 am
MortalPosts: 29Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm
Is there something missing from her card? Sagittarius card says he can't be on a team with Ulthars other than Virgo but Virgo's card says she can't be on a team with any Ulthars at all. Is she allowed to be on Sagittarius' team?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:35 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Actually it states on Tridotnious' Card "Tritonious will never join a Team with any Ulthars (other than Virgo) in it".

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 pm
MortalPosts: 29Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm
Tritonious. Right. That's who I meant. D'oh!

Offline Profile