Author Message

<  Hero/Villain Tactics  ~  APEBOT LVL 2 SCIENCE & VIRUS LVL 1 SCIENCE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
The card rules normally supersede and break the book rules. This is Apebots unique action so it doesn't follow the normal rules.

Hope that makes sense or described it correctly.



_________________
Bob Nolan

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:13 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
varagon wrote:
The card rules normally supersede and break the book rules. This is Apebots unique action so it doesn't follow the normal rules.

Hope that makes sense or described it correctly.


Cheers Varagon, but yeah still not very clear mate. The action is referring to a rule from the original PDF rulebook which has been changed and is not in the PC Guide (Throw Trump Trait). So basically what I'm asking is how does it work now? The first question regarding the Defensive Trump Hold Ground stopping the target being thrown depends on how the actual throw works I guess? How would you play it?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:17 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
baskinders wrote:
varagon wrote:
The card rules normally supersede and break the book rules. This is Apebots unique action so it doesn't follow the normal rules.

Hope that makes sense or described it correctly.


Cheers Varagon, but yeah still not very clear mate. The action is referring to a rule from the original PDF rulebook which has been changed and is not in the PC Guide (Throw Trump Trait).


Probably should have been Errata'd before now. :oops:

Quote:
So basically what I'm asking is how does it work now?


Replace Throw Trump Action with Throw scenery Manipulation Action.

Quote:
The first question regarding the Defensive Trump Hold Ground stopping the target being thrown depends on how the actual throw works I guess?


Since Hold Ground specifically cites prevention of movement due to Actions; then a :DEF Trump model may choose to ignore being more. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, unless there is an ability to prevent the Knocked Down that will still apply since the Knocked Down is not listed as contingent on the being moved by the Throw).

Quote:
How would you play it?


So Apebot uses Throw Stuff and scores a successful Strike against Chronin ( :DEF Trump).

Chronin suffers Damage per the Strike (she had already burned all her AP and had none left for Time Shield!).

Chronion's player may choose for Chronin to not be Thrown (moved0, however doing so would leave her Knocked Down at Apebot's feet; given that, if I was the Chronin player I would accept the movement and choose to be further away from Apebot unless another model could be Damaged as a result of the Throw.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:05 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Thanks again PC, you da man.

So just to finish it off, I'd assume that the Throw needs a target specified, either model or any damageable scenery piece, and that the thrown model counts as Rank 1 (so just a projectile, not a blast or anything). And if the chosen target of the throw is out of range then we'd just move the the thrown model the full range of the throw ( :STR +2inches), as long as they don't have the :DEF trump ability.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:07 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
baskinders wrote:
Thanks again PC, you da man.

So just to finish it off, I'd assume that the Throw needs a target specified, either model or any damageable scenery piece, and that the thrown model counts as Rank 1 (so just a projectile, not a blast or anything). And if the chosen target of the throw is out of range then we'd just move the the thrown model the full range of the throw ( :STR +2inches), as long as they don't have the :DEF trump ability.


Throw does need to be targeted at a specific target as you mention.

Rank 1 or 2 is one of those things to agree with your opponent (the Ranks are sufficiently open to say that 30mm base models are in a grey area).

And for out of range, that seems reasonable.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:02 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
baskinders wrote:
- When Apebot is in "Defend the Master" mode, does he need to transfer 1 for 1 damage? Had a situation where Virus copped 3 damage which was exactly how much he had left, and Apebot had 1 damage left. Can Apebot transfer all three damage from Virus, lose his one and become incapacitated or can he only transfer 1 damage as that is all he has left?

Cheers guys :)


All Damage is transferred; the excess is lost, just as excess Damage is lost if Apebot had been attacked directly for example.


So this one makes sense but how bout the opposite where Virus has 1 damage and gets hit for 3, do we transfer only 1 damage to Apebot and the other two are lost because Virus wouldn't have got hit for that much, or transfer the "hit" to Apebot and do all 3 damage? I'm assuming the same would go for anyone similar like the grminis and stoner hawk.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
baskinders wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:
baskinders wrote:
- When Apebot is in "Defend the Master" mode, does he need to transfer 1 for 1 damage? Had a situation where Virus copped 3 damage which was exactly how much he had left, and Apebot had 1 damage left. Can Apebot transfer all three damage from Virus, lose his one and become incapacitated or can he only transfer 1 damage as that is all he has left?

Cheers guys :)


All Damage is transferred; the excess is lost, just as excess Damage is lost if Apebot had been attacked directly for example.


So this one makes sense but how bout the opposite where Virus has 1 damage and gets hit for 3, do we transfer only 1 damage to Apebot and the other two are lost because Virus wouldn't have got hit for that much, or transfer the "hit" to Apebot and do all 3 damage? I'm assuming the same would go for anyone similar like the grminis and stoner hawk.


Since the wording is "all Damage suffered by Virus" rather than say, all damage dealt to Virus, then it is only the Damage he takes. A slightly wonky rule maybe, and perhaps could do with tightening up or clarifying further, but that is how it is worded.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 2 of 2
22 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron