Author Message

<  Hero/Villain Tactics  ~  HOWLER LVL 1 SCIENCE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:52 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
ERRATA

Howls:
Remove RNG 8 from the description.

Image

Image

Image

Image



_________________
Morf's activity log:
Painting: Khan, the Reaver Lord Watching: True Blood Listening to: Arcade Fire
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:48 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
I'm not sure if it's a typo or something else, but why Howls has RNG 8 while it's aura? As far as I understand, rigt now it¶ more like a blast. Or is it an exception from auras having RNG 0?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:29 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Shalashaska wrote:
I'm not sure if it's a typo or something else, but why Howls has RNG 8 while it's aura? As far as I understand, rigt now it¶ more like a blast. Or is it an exception from auras having RNG 0?


I guess this may be clearer when we see the final rulebook text.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:14 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Then it's good it will be out SOON! RIGHT...?? :twisted:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:53 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I don't think that should have a Range as all Auras are Range 0. This is likely a typo, but I'll check.



_________________
Morf wrote:
Larb is our top secret marketing weapon. He slips something in your drink and "bam" you are registered at the forum!


"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:06 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Shalashaska wrote:
Then it's good it will be out SOON! RIGHT...?? :twisted:


Alas not quite.

I believe it'll be out when it's out...



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:52 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
"But when will Then become Now?"

"Soon."


The book is not that far off in the horizon. Have faith that it is on the way and closer than ever.



_________________
Morf wrote:
Larb is our top secret marketing weapon. He slips something in your drink and "bam" you are registered at the forum!


"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
leonmallett wrote:
Alas not quite.

I believe it'll be out when it's out...


Be patient, Leon. Go think up some crazy combos in the BOOM thread. Meditate on the goodness that will unfold as you turn the pages of the book for the first time.



_________________
Stand on Truth, Walk in Faith
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Alas not quite.

I believe it'll be out when it's out...


Be patient, Leon. Go think up some crazy combos in the BOOM thread. Meditate on the goodness that will unfold as you turn the pages of the book for the first time.


Don't worry - when it comes I know it will be worth the wait! I think taking the time - however long - is the right thing to do. <thumbs up emote needed here>

It is funny, but one of the things I like most about getting any new book is that 'new book smell'. Maybe I am just weird that way....



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:52 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
leonmallett wrote:
It is funny, but one of the things I like most about getting any new book is that 'new book smell'. Maybe I am just weird that way....


I'm sure there's websites for people with the same... proclivities.



_________________
PMMDJ
Metal Skirmish

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:02 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Scorpio wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
It is funny, but one of the things I like most about getting any new book is that 'new book smell'. Maybe I am just weird that way....


I'm sure there's websites for people with the same... proclivities.


I am sure you are correct... :P



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
SUBFACTION: A.R.C.

FUNCTION: Ranged Combat and Harassment Specialist

BRIEF: Howler is all about stick and move, stick and move. He?s fast and dangerous with some very potent powers to weaken the opponent. He?s a great choice to hold a flank or harass the enemy.

POWERS: Howler has a :ENG Trump of 4. He?s also skilled in the use of weapons thanks to his Weapon Master skill. Blitzer keeps him one step ahead of his enemies. Combined this makes him a deadly and fast shooting character. Strafe is probably Howlers most straightforward power. It lets him make a big move while taking 1 shot at :ENG 4 or 2 shots at :ENG 3. In addition it boosts his :AGL to 5. Strafe uses all of Howlers actions for the round but it?s a good investment. It combines a run, up to two attacks and gives him a defense boost. What more could you want for 4 AP? Use this while retreating, or to cut across the opponent?s line of advance. Don?t run towards the enemy though or you will find yourself trapped in place and out of AP when a big bruiser comes along looking to knock you around.

Gun Bravado is great for keeping the afore mentioned bruiser from closing in on you. It carries a hefty penalty if you roll a one so this is a good power to use your :ENG Trump Re-roll on. The fact that you can keep two targets from advancing on you is even better. This is a good damaging power that also prevents retaliation. If that weren?t enough you still have 1 AP left for a move. Bearing in mind that opponents under the influence of Gun Bravado can?t end closer to you than they started you actually gain some powerful board control with this if you position your model correctly. When all is said and done this is my bread and butter power with Howler.

Howls is a very powerful and effective de-buff power. It?s cheap at only 1 AP and has a huge area of effect with an AU5. It?s drawback is of course that it effects ALL models, with the exception of Apebot. Use Howls before Gun Bravado if you need help cracking a high :AGL . Stare Down is another great board control power. You can force models away from you, and more importantly away from objectives or weaker models. With Howler?s :SPT of 5 winning this roll shouldn?t be hard against most melee oriented Supremes.

WEAKNESSES: Retaliation is not something Howler can stand up to. He has a relatively low :DEF and :AGL . In fact he?s the only A.R.C. member without an :AGL trump trait. If you are using Stare Down, Howls, and Gun Bravado this shouldn?t be a problem but it the enemy gets too close you are going to be in a world of hurt. With Howler you need to always be thinking about offense.

Howler doesn?t really play well with others. His 2 AP he generates for the team HAVE to be spent on himself every round. In addition he won?t accept target specific buffs on himself. So be aware of this and keep him moving as an independent operator.

SYNERGIES: The weapon crate is a good idea with Howler as he can use items found within. Any supreme with non-target specific boosts like Guerilla?s Monkey Business are a big help. I have found a force field can be a big help with Howler. This device allows Howler to use Gun Bravado and then put up a force field to protect himself from enemy ranged attacks.


Last edited by Beermonkey on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.


_________________
Pulp City Lead Troubleshooter
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Thinking about Howler (and other Supremes) having the Weapon Master skill begs the question: do we need to see more (indeed some) 'generic'/non-exclusive weapon resources available in the game?



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:51 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nice Writeup Beermonkey. As a note, you appear to be missing a :DEF and a few :AGL in your weaknesses section.

Leon, I agree. I'd like to see more general weapon options in the future. We have several supremes with the Weapon Masters skill: Guerrila (1), Howler (1), Dr. Red (2), and Gentleman (2). For example, I could see a grenade that is a single use. Who knows what the future has in store...

I like Howler a great deal. He is fun and very independant. I tend to hanve him hold off a flank. But he can also charge up the middle for a round and then retreat in a hail of bullets like Han Solo running from a battalion of Storm Trooers in Empire Strikes back. He is a ton of fun.



_________________
Morf wrote:
Larb is our top secret marketing weapon. He slips something in your drink and "bam" you are registered at the forum!


"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Nice Writeup Beermonkey. As a note, you appear to be missing a :DEF and a few :AGL in your weaknesses section.

Leon, I agree. I'd like to see more general weapon options in the future. We have several supremes with the Weapon Masters skill: Guerrila (1), Howler (1), Dr. Red (2), and Gentleman (2). For example, I could see a grenade that is a single use. Who knows what the future has in store...

I like Howler a great deal. He is fun and very independant. I tend to hanve him hold off a flank. But he can also charge up the middle for a round and then retreat in a hail of bullets like Han Solo running from a battalion of Storm Trooers in Empire Strikes back. He is a ton of fun.


Well, we DO have a 'new resources challenge' thread...



_________________
John S.'painting completion:
Dr Red 26%
Dr Mercury 100%
Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 2
20 posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron