<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Some new questions

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 am
MortalPosts: 39Location: Philadelphia, PAJoined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:39 pm
Heya folks,

Hopefully, our questions are at least getting smarter...

1) Seabolt's Go with the Flow:
a) I don't see anything from stopping him, but he can Move* and Go with the Flow, right? So, move 12" in total. Yowza.
b) Is his "movement path" the width of his base, or a line? In other words, is the width of his effect 5.18 inches, or 4 inches? This will affect which models he makes opposed rolls against, as well as where he can place models.

2) We have been treating cars as difficult terrain. How do you guys treat them?

3) If a Supreme uses a Ray action, and there are two models directly in front of him, does his controller choose which takes the full power hit, or is it determined randomly?

4) We are using the new rules included with BOOM for commanding minions. In a number of instances, we have been left with one AP, with no Supremes that can do anything (either they have used their full allotment, or they have no powers that only cost one AP). Can a Supreme activate, do nothing, and command a minion to do something that costs one AP? Or do you have to Pass in this instance?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
1a. You can combine the movement, but I believe you'll only get 8'' out of the Go With the Flow Effect. . . consider it Seabolt "gaining momentum" if you want. If it is the other way around, he is concretely my favorite mini in the game.

1b. It is my understanding that Go With the Flow is from the edge of his base. So you'll get the 2'' and the diameter of the base.

2. We treat them as difficult as well.

3. The attacker should be able to choose his targets and then move to the next.

4. I think so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:41 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
1a) Seabolt may indeed Move* and Go with the Flow. The Move* is a normal move that allows him to position for the Go With The Flow maneuver. It is pretty darn powerful.

1b) It is the width of his base plus 2" on each side.

2) We treat the hood of a car as difficult terrain. Higher than that requires a Jump*, Flight, Levitation, or Wallcrawler. We let terrain ignoring effects ignore moveable terrain pieces.

3) I'd let the attacker choose.

4) Yes, a Supreme may activate, do nothing, and be a Commanding Supreme to give orders to a minion. Sometimes this can be advantageous during the middle of a round.

Keep the questions coming!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 am
MortalPosts: 39Location: Philadelphia, PAJoined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:39 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
1a) Seabolt may indeed Move* and Go with the Flow. The Move* is a normal move that allows him to position for the Go With The Flow maneuver. It is pretty darn powerful.

1b) It is the width of his base plus 2" on each side.

2) We treat the hood of a car as difficult terrain. Higher than that requires a Jump*, Flight, Levitation, or Wallcrawler. We let terrain ignoring effects ignore moveable terrain pieces.

3) I'd let the attacker choose.

4) Yes, a Supreme may activate, do nothing, and be a Commanding Supreme to give orders to a minion. Sometimes this can be advantageous during the middle of a round.

Keep the questions coming!

Awesome, thanks Matt.

Jason

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:44 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Anytime!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile