Author Message

<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  New bunch of rules questions

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Hi crew,

Been a while but we played another game of Pulp today (good system, have I mentioned that! :)).

Anyway, a few more queries came up:

- The Bloodwatch only agenda, Close the Rift, has a chart to roll on when you begin the turn or come into base to base contact with it. I had the all Blood Watch team and rolled a 2 twice (1 & the Blood Watch +1), meaning "The model may not activate until the end of the Round". We had trouble trying to decipher how this actually works and want to know what the idea behind it is? Does it mean:

1. The model may not activate at all until the "End of the Game Round" and then you: a) Can't activate anyway because it's the end of game round, b) can activate only that model with any action points you have left, OR
2. The model may only activate after all supremes on both sides have completed their activation and your opponent declares they are finished or runs out of AP AND you still have AP left to spend (otherwise, if you've finished all the activations you want except for the model in question, do you have to spend AP on passing until your opponent is finished their models, OR
3. Is it more like that once you activate the model in question, no other model on your team may activate again and, once the model in question is finished that is the end of your round, OR
4. The model in question just can't do anything :)

Additionally, if the model declares and pays for a Move combined with and a Seal action, moves in and rolls a 2, do they then lose the Seal action or because it's already been activated does it happen and then the model can no longer activate "until the end of the Round"? Aargh, so many variables for one little sentence!

Hopefully a more straight forward one...

- Moon Coyote does "Call of the Pack" and wants to nominate Twighlight who is lurking, does she need to pass a :MND test or because it's not a "ranged attack" she can just be nominated.

Thanks team!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:55 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
baskinders wrote:
Hi crew,

Been a while but we played another game of Pulp today (good system, have I mentioned that! :)).


Good to see you back. 8)

Quote:
Anyway, a few more queries came up:

- The Bloodwatch only agenda, Close the Rift, has a chart to roll on when you begin the turn or come into base to base contact with it. I had the all Blood Watch team and rolled a 2 twice (1 & the Blood Watch +1), meaning "The model may not activate until the end of the Round". We had trouble trying to decipher how this actually works and want to know what the idea behind it is? Does it mean:

1. The model may not activate at all until the "End of the Game Round" and then you: a) Can't activate anyway because it's the end of game round, b) can activate only that model with any action points you have left, OR
2. The model may only activate after all supremes on both sides have completed their activation and your opponent declares they are finished or runs out of AP AND you still have AP left to spend (otherwise, if you've finished all the activations you want except for the model in question, do you have to spend AP on passing until your opponent is finished their models, OR
3. Is it more like that once you activate the model in question, no other model on your team may activate again and, once the model in question is finished that is the end of your round, OR
4. The model in question just can't do anything :)


I think Devon may be able to clarify this one; I am hoping we are steeping away from the confusion of "until the end of the round" for something clearer, but until then I would suggest treating it as the model may not Activate again in the current Round, as most of the time that is what has been intended with those "until the end of the Round" type descriptions.

Quote:
Additionally, if the model declares and pays for a Move combined with and a Seal action, moves in and rolls a 2, do they then lose the Seal action or because it's already been activated does it happen and then the model can no longer activate "until the end of the Round"? Aargh, so many variables for one little sentence!


This is clearer, arguably. As soon as the model moves into Base to Base, the roll is made (note the text says "instantly apply the effects").

So if the same result occurred, the Seal would not happen and the AP are lost (see p. 23).

Quote:
Hopefully a more straight forward one...

- Moon Coyote does "Call of the Pack" and wants to nominate Twighlight who is lurking, does she need to pass a :MND test or because it's not a "ranged attack" she can just be nominated.


I read it as no :MND test since as you rightly say, Call of the Pack is not a Ranged Combat Action; Ranged Combat Actions are defined as Projectiles, Rays, Blasts, Self-Blasts and Auras. Furthermore, Combat Actions are defined as pitting one Trait vs. another Trait. Call of the Pack does not do this as an Action. Instead it does it as the result of its effect.

Quote:
Thanks team!



Hope that helped somewhat.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
2 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron