<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Invasion Encounter, minions and Solo play

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 pm
MortalPosts: 19Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 am
Hello,

When reading the Invasion encounter, I was wondering if I can play it solo, thta is to say only 1 team of Supremes versus minions.

Thank you.

MH

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Definitely. You'll just have to create some good rules for the "invaders" to follow so they move on their own, or be truthful against yourself and play the best you can.

Some simple things and ideas that might help:
1. Invaders will move towards the closest enemy unit using a run action unless within charging distance if in LoS. Perhaps make some sort of check if the Supremes are outside 2 x :MND of the invaders in order to run or charge the Supremes.

2. Invaders out of site will move randomly (easy enough chart to find or create 1d6 for direction)

Just some quick simple rules to help move those guys invading Pulp City. You could easily create you own addendum or movement rules if you didn't want to run them as any opponent would.

What do you think?

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:05 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Never thought about a 1 team Invasion. Seems like a great idea.

Those movement rules would work really well varagon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Hmmm...the other thing, if the invaders have a plot, their main priority, after moving towards visible enemy units, might be to move towards the objective, seize and defend, or move the objective back off the table edge.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
varagon wrote:
Hmmm...the other thing, if the invaders have a plot, their main priority, after moving towards visible enemy units, might be to move towards the objective, seize and defend, or move the objective back off the table edge.

That might lead to an interesting game... one or two players, each holding objectives, and rather then win by destroying the invaders, you win by keeping invaders off of the objective!

That type of swarm gameplay has been around for a while and it might be fun to try in it Pulp City as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
The other obvious choice is to have a Kill Limit or simply keep the turn limit. Supremes have to destroy X levels of Minions, maybe 2x the encounter level or so of Invaders or simply survive till the end or Round 6.

All in all I think this is a fun idea. I approve.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:42 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
I was thinking about something like this... wondering about rules for one player playing a group of Villains, and another a Group of Pulp City PD with no supremes...

Or Supremes vs Bank Robbers...

Supremes vs Zombie Outbreak, or Terminator Robots from the Future looking for Sarah Connor, A Space Orc horde, or what have you...

Offline Profile