<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Your House Rules?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:11 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
With most tabletop games, people add house rules.
Maybe its changing something in the guide, adding something extra or removing something.

As for my own gaming group, we have come up with afew but I cant remember them all atm. (loudo are you there?)
Here is a couple we use and I will add the others as they come up again. Some come from discussions on this forum.

Giant Hadron can use Reach to attach models ontop of a 1 or 2 storey building. (just seemed right)

Small terrain objects like small walls and barriers can be passed at the cost of 1" of movement. (Allows for better scenery access but still has a penalty)

Flying Supremes can fly into buildings through windows and such. But end movement when inside. Have to then land or follow the rules for Indoor Flight.
    The amount of flight counters they have show which floor they can enter. 1 for 1st floor, 3 for 3rd etc. This is because the higher up the window, the more dangerous the manouver. (again it just seemed right)

A model with 1 flight counter in b2b can be attacked in combat by a model without any flight counters. (the guide wasnt clear on that but seemed the best way to play it)

All doors and windows are considered open unless otherwise stated. You can move through them without having to stop.
    (made using buildings more appealing and smoother)

And the best one so far , (from this forum but dont remember who. Think it was Pulp Citizen, Beermonkey or varagon)
    Would something happen like that in a comic? If yes then thats how it works!

What are your gaming groups Pulp City house rules? And why do you use them?

Last edited by hendybadger on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:16 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Standard house rules in my area:

Everything is open/safe terrain unless stated otherwise. lol

Also, terrain provides the best cover unless covered before hand what it does.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:19 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Only one we've agreed on so far is Jump* only costs 1AP. Gives the game more flexibility for moving around and over obstacles.

Thinking about maybe instead of using half your :STR you use :STR minus :DEF or half your :AGL. That way big bruisers like Taurus can jump 3 inches but so can crazy nimble little fellas like Moon Coyote. Whereas using either measure Iron Train can jump 1inch. Have yet to work it through with the gaming crew though.

Got plenty of other ones but just haven't worked them through. One of the reasons I really like this game is the core rules are so simple but a few little tweaks and bits and it makes it quite a tactical challenge :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:12 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
baskinders wrote:
Only one we've agreed on so far is Jump* only costs 1AP. Gives the game more flexibility for moving around and over obstacles.

Thinking about maybe instead of using half your :STR you use :STR minus :DEF or half your :AGL. That way big bruisers like Taurus can jump 3 inches but so can crazy nimble little fellas like Moon Coyote. Whereas using either measure Iron Train can jump 1inch. Have yet to work it through with the gaming crew though.

Does your 1AP Jump* count as a movement action?

I like the second idea. Let us know how you get on with it