<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Being pushed into scenery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:44 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
When an action states a model is pushed a certain distance unless it contacts another model or scenery piece, do you count all scenery?
Or just objects over a certain size?

For exapmle, Skylines Inertial Repulsion pushes Sister Bedlam 4" just past the edge of a rooftop. But there is a low wall at the edge.
Would you stop her there or go over?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
hendybadger wrote:
When an action states a model is pushed a certain distance unless it contacts another model or scenery piece, do you count all scenery?
Or just objects over a certain size?

For exapmle, Skylines Inertial Repulsion pushes Sister Bedlam 4" just past the edge of a rooftop. But there is a low wall at the edge.
Would you stop her there or go over?

If you are going to gain any type of benefit such as LoS or bonus to defense, I'd consider it scenery. If the piece is hindering terrain, then same. It's scenery. If you don't treat the wall as anything in game, then it's not scenery.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:34 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Might have to check with the other local players and get a House Rule to cover that then.
Every rooftop we have has walls but Im sure most people would like to throw enemies off the top.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
For something like a small lip or edge of the building I would count it as 1" of movement. If you push hard enought they'll go over but it does give an extra safety margin. Just a thought. Work it out with your opponents and keep it fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:50 am
I like that idea. And it sounds very workable aswell.
Calls for a rooftop game it think!