<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Hold action plus command minion?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:45 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Can you use the Hold action to hold a Command Minion action? And if you can, can you still get the minion to do a combined action as normal I.e. charge + strike?

RAW I'd say yes, cause its a single action and that single action allows you to order some minion to activate, but it kinda feels a bit wrong cause it means that minion are better than supremes at reacting to an enemy threat, cause supremes can only do 1 action but minion can potentially do 2? All good if you can though, makes Hold something worth doing!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
baskinders wrote:
Can you use the Hold action to hold a Command Minion action? And if you can, can you still get the minion to do a combined action as normal I.e. charge + strike?

In the old pdf rules I would have to look again (it has been a long while), but per the current Guide, Command is NOT an Action, therefore Command cannot be Held*.

In addition, only Supremes (and Monsters...?) can Hold* since the AP cost is based on Supreme Level, which minions do not have.

Quote:
RAW I'd say yes, cause its a single action and that single action allows you to order some minion to activate, but it kinda feels a bit wrong cause it means that minion are better than supremes at reacting to an enemy threat, cause supremes can only do 1 action but minion can potentially do 2? All good if you can though, makes Hold something worth doing!

RAW depends on whether you are using the old pdf rules or the current Guide, and they do differ on this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Ah, great point, it does absolutely say it's not an action, good stuff. No holding for Minion :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Glad to help. :)