Author Message

<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Minions making forced opposed rolls?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:01 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
So the rules are nice and clear that a minion's :DEF is used for all defensive opposed rolls, but how about opposed rolls that aren't "defensive" that are kinda forced on a minion? The two examples are when a minion wants to target a model using Lurk* or in Gemini Y's aura Fearful Presence. A minion can declare they are targeting a model but then needs to make :MND vs something roll to be able to make the attack. Do they automatically fail the roll as they have no :MND value, just as blaster minion can not make free strikes because they have no :STR , or do they use their :DEF value in substitute, or something else?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
baskinders wrote:
So the rules are nice and clear that a minion's :DEF is used for all defensive opposed rolls, but how about opposed rolls that aren't "defensive" that are kinda forced on a minion? The two examples are when a minion wants to target a model using Lurk* or in Gemini Y's aura Fearful Presence. A minion can declare they are targeting a model but then needs to make :MND vs something roll to be able to make the attack. Do they automatically fail the roll as they have no :MND value, just as blaster minion can not make free strikes because they have no :STR , or do they use their :DEF value in substitute, or something else?


I'd say in this case it's not possible for the minion to make the roll. As you say, the rules are clear on how to make defensive rolls, but not otherwise.



_________________
Bob Nolan

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
varagon wrote:
baskinders wrote:
So the rules are nice and clear that a minion's :DEF is used for all defensive opposed rolls, but how about opposed rolls that aren't "defensive" that are kinda forced on a minion? The two examples are when a minion wants to target a model using Lurk* or in Gemini Y's aura Fearful Presence. A minion can declare they are targeting a model but then needs to make :MND vs something roll to be able to make the attack. Do they automatically fail the roll as they have no :MND value, just as blaster minion can not make free strikes because they have no :STR , or do they use their :DEF value in substitute, or something else?


I'd say in this case it's not possible for the minion to make the roll. As you say, the rules are clear on how to make defensive rolls, but not otherwise.


I concur with Bob, based on the Read as Written.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Yep, makes sense too, cheers blokes!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:39 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
varagon wrote:
baskinders wrote:
So the rules are nice and clear that a minion's :DEF is used for all defensive opposed rolls, but how about opposed rolls that aren't "defensive" that are kinda forced on a minion? The two examples are when a minion wants to target a model using Lurk* or in Gemini Y's aura Fearful Presence. A minion can declare they are targeting a model but then needs to make :MND vs something roll to be able to make the attack. Do they automatically fail the roll as they have no :MND value, just as blaster minion can not make free strikes because they have no :STR , or do they use their :DEF value in substitute, or something else?


I'd say in this case it's not possible for the minion to make the roll. As you say, the rules are clear on how to make defensive rolls, but not otherwise.


I concur with Bob, based on the Read as Written.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
5 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron