<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Flight and Scenery Manipulation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:04 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
A flying model is considered landed if they become burdened, but there is no mention of this under scenery manipulation. If a flyer chooses to manipulate scenery does this effect their flight level in any way, i.e. you land/you go to flight counter level 1/no effect.

Cheers legends!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
baskinders wrote:
A flying model is considered landed if they become burdened, but there is no mention of this under scenery manipulation. If a flyer chooses to manipulate scenery does this effect their flight level in any way, i.e. you land/you go to flight counter level 1/no effect.

Cheers legends!

I'd allow a Supreme with flight counters to pick up objects and throw/carry them. It's more like a comic book and that's what we like to see as long as the rule is fair and fun.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:58 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
varagon wrote:
baskinders wrote:

Cheers legends!

I'd allow a Supreme with flight counters to pick up objects and throw/carry them. It's more like a comic book and that's what we like to see as long as the rule is fair and fun.

Also, don't forget that you don't carry an Object with Scenery Manipulation, so Burdened is irrelevant - the action takes place from the model location.

That said, remember that Smash and Throw require Base to Base to use them. Since Flight has no stipulation re: Base to Base other than the restriction on attacking ground targets at Flight Counter 1 or less, and immune/Free Strikes, then arguably they can be used at any number of counters, except that Smash is governed by being a Close Combat Action.

Of course Smash would only be usable at Flight Counter 1 per the rulebook, since it is a Close Combat action regardless of its inherent reach. But Throw? well that is another matter...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:14 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Sweet boys, that's how we played it, tossing stuff from the sky :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:07 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Glad I read this. Been playing that you can only Throw and Smash when landed.
Tonight's game is going to be so much more fun now!