<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Power question - Perun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:22 pm
MortalPosts: 33Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am
Didn't want to post in hero tactics because he isn't up and is an exclusive character, but I just wanted to clarify a power Perun has.

Under Stormbringer*, the power Jolt* says "lower one enemy mechanical supremes AP by 2 for the rest of the round"

the power has no range, but does have * so do I need to combine it with a base to base attack or can i simply pick any model on the table?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:55 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Mecha_Buddha wrote:
Didn't want to post in hero tactics because he isn't up and is an exclusive character, but I just wanted to clarify a power Perun has.

Under Stormbringer*, the power Jolt* says "lower one enemy mechanical supremes AP by 2 for the rest of the round"

the power has no range, but does have * so do I need to combine it with a base to base attack or can i simply pick any model on the table?

Any model on the table! :D

NB - will try and remember to combine this into Perun's thread when it eventually appears.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 am
MortalPosts: 33Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am
Follow up question for Perun.

Two of the sub powers under stormcaller are actions with a * but they are effects that last the round. If I declare and use one of these powers does that put me at my limit of 2 actions per activation?

example

Perun activates for the first time in the round, he declares that he is using thunder* this round, does he only have one action left?

I think as a character revision, I would remove the extra ranged attack under Stormcaller and add another effect, and change the wording so that Perun declares what he is using in the effects phase?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Mecha_Buddha wrote:
Follow up question for Perun.

Two of the sub powers under stormcaller are actions with a * but they are effects that last the round. If I declare and use one of these powers does that put me at my limit of 2 actions per activation?

Actions are taken with Activations, and Activations occur within Turns. Whether an Action is instant or lasting has no effect on when it can be used etc.

There are three in game timings for Pulp City:

Encounter
Round
Turn (Activations)

Quote:
example

Perun activates for the first time in the round, he declares that he is using thunder* this round, does he only have one action left?

He has one Action left he can use within the Activation. Since Thunder costs no AP, he still has a number of AP left to use, meaning he could Activate may 2 or 3 (or more ) times in the current Round depending on how you use his AP Allowance.

Quote:
I think as a character revision, I would remove the extra ranged attack under Stormcaller and add another effect, and change the wording so that Perun declares what he is using in the effects phase?

Declarations would be a slowing factor, which is why they are not used on other models.

As for changing his Actions, maybe give Perun a few games to see what your thoughts are.

I regard him as incredibly versatile, but he has a high up-front cost and while he has good defensive Traits, one of those comes at an Action + AP cost. He is good but can be vulnerable. His versatility means some of his actions are situational, but worthwhile in the right circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 pm
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm
Hey everyone I am a bit new to the game but, gotta say I love it!
I have purchased about 20 models already one of which was Perun and I have a question about one of his powers.

Thunder* says that Perun benefits from :STR power/trait for the rest of the round, what does that mean? He already possess a :STR trump trait.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am
Pike wrote:
Hey everyone I am a bit new to the game but, gotta say I love it!
I have purchased about 20 models already one of which was Perun and I have a question about one of his powers.

Thunder* says that Perun benefits from :STR power/trait for the rest of the round, what does that mean? He already possess a :STR trump trait.

Power Trait means you roll d6 instead of d3 for your Trait listed Power Ups. :)

It is in the Guide and the recent free pdf rules download. :)