<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  LOS and Cover in the rulebook??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:14 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 am
He guy's,
Been reading the rulebook and I'm confussed and I know you guy's can help me out :wink:

In the rulebook on page 18 it says that a model must be obstructed 50% by cover to get the "In cover" penalty.
The picture above the rule shows Androida beeing blocked for like 5% by the car and its says "LOS + In cover"

I'm I reading the rule wrong????

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:55 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Method wrote:
He guy's,
Been reading the rulebook and I'm confussed and I know you guy's can help me out :wink:

In the rulebook on page 18 it says that a model must be obstructed 50% by cover to get the "In cover" penalty.
The picture above the rule shows Androida beeing blocked for like 5% by the car and its says "LOS + In cover"

I'm I reading the rule wrong????

The rules are correct. The picture is just slightly off as Androida leans forward over the base. Not that the rules for LoS mention bases, but in the picture, 50% of Androida's base is covered. Not the best illustration to get the idea for LoS.

So, to gain cover, 50% of a model, not including raised weapons, capes, etc, has to be blocked from LoS.

Hope that helps.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm
Is LOS measured from ground level (the center point of a model's base) or from eye level (so bigger models, or models with more elaborate raised bases can see better than others)?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:41 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
dogui wrote:
Is LOS measured from ground level (the center point of a model's base) or from eye level (so bigger models, or models with more elaborate raised bases can see better than others)?

From the middle of the attacking model's base to target model. So it's base level to target model (barring capes, weapons, etc).

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:12 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm
Gracias!