<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  First small game, first questions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 am
He Guy's,

Played a very small game yesterday, level 3, and some question came up.

Agility trump trait:
If I would spend 2 AP on Androida's agility trump, that would make her blitzer 3, wich would mean if she runs, another 2 AP, she would run like 14 inch, if she then would us the last AP to cast Lightning fast she could move another 7 inch, totaling her movement at 21"?

If Android would use her Machine Kin on a car and move it 3". There are some models in the way of the car so they would be hit with a :STR 5, what happens afterwards? Do the effected models move out of the way from the car but have to stay in base contact with it?

If Iron train would throw a car, 7", but the target is 8" away. What happens? The car just lands on the 7" spot and no harm done?

Whats the difference between Iron Trains "Street Brawler" and the normal scenery manipulation? His action costst 3AP, buth with scenery manipulation I can throw further an for only 2AP?

This really is a great game and we had so much fun throwing cars and stuff around !!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Method wrote:
He Guy's,

Played a very small game yesterday, level 3, and some question came up.

Agility trump trait:
If I would spend 2 AP on Androida's agility trump, that would make her blitzer 3, wich would mean if she runs, another 2 AP, she would run like 14 inch, if she then would us the last AP to cast Lightning fast she could move another 7 inch, totaling her movement at 21"?

She can only boost her Blitzer by her Level (p. 43), so the move would be Run for 9 + (2 x Blitzer = 2 x 2 =) 4 +13", and Lightning Fast adds 4 +2 =6 for a total of 19".

Quote:
If Android would use her Machine Kin on a car and move it 3". There are some models in the way of the car so they would be hit with a :STR 5, what happens afterwards? Do the effected models move out of the way from the car but have to stay in base contact with it?

I would move them the shortest distance out of the way as with a Throw.

Quote:
If Iron train would throw a car, 7", but the target is 8" away. What happens? The car just lands on the 7" spot and no harm done?

P. 36 - place the centre of the Blast (the car) at the RNG limit, then the opponent can move it up to 2".

Quote:
Whats the difference between Iron Trains "Street Brawler" and the normal scenery manipulation? His action costst 3AP, buth with scenery manipulation I can throw further an for only 2AP?

His errata covers this (and the Errata should bne at the beginning of his Heroes Tactics thread).

Quote:
This really is a great game and we had so much fun throwing cars and stuff around !!!!

Glad you enjoyed and i hope the answers help. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 am
Absolutly !!!
Thank you !!!!

It shows that I need the rulebook again :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
She can only boost her Blitzer by her Level (p. 43), so the move would be Run for 9 + (2 x Blitzer = 2 x 2 =) 4 +13", and Lightning Fast adds 4 +2 =6 for a total of 19".

I thought you would have to pay an extra AP to boost the Lightning Fast. However when I looked att the free rules PDF you actually may only use the agility trump trait to boost Universal movement actions....

I will certainly be using it on exclusive movement actions & not movement actions like Lightning Fast (the only one?) then again my play group is me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Pickles wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:

I thought you would have to pay an extra AP to boost the Lightning Fast. However when I looked att the free rules PDF you actually may only use the agility trump trait to boost Universal movement actions....

I will certainly be using it on exclusive movement actions & not movement actions like Lightning Fast (the only one?) then again my play group is me.

No you are right Pickles, lightning Fast cannot be boosted - my bad. Sorry for the confusion. :oops: