<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Quick Iron Train Question

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:50 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 41Location: Frederick, MDJoined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm
Haunted Train causes a Mind vs. Spirit opposed roll for anyone in the blast area. Since it doesn't specify any other effect, am I correct in thinking that this does damage the same as a Strength vs. Defense opposed roll (i.e. if Mind + D6 is 5 and Spirit + D6 is only 3, 2 points of damage is the end result)?

Drew a blank on that this weekend, and I just no reread it, and I think I'm right.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:29 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Yes. Unless there are other things going on, if the target loses the opposed roll, damage will ensue.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:28 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 53Location: Seattle, WAJoined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:54 pm
The text of the ability is misleading, since it says he stuns his opponents. Excellent question!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 am
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Well most of the abilities have some flavour text to show how they work from a fluff point of view, but I think they really should have seperated the ability-fluff from its' rules. Like traditional TCG layout:

Headline: Overview (Ability Name, AP-costs etc. just as it is now)
Then the ability rules in the used font, In this example: Targets only enemy characters.
And finally in italics or other, different font the fluff text.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:04 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I think all of the new cards are much clearer. Also, we decided to give some more loving to Guerilla (Raze Slam) and Nuke (SBL now at full power) and decrease the costs of some of their abilities or pimp them. We;ll be posting all changes and lots of card this week.
Also, all of online store orders will receive new cards in addition to other stuff and the rest of you - please contact Jed and he will send you a copy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 41Location: Frederick, MDJoined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm
Sweet! New abilities. Full strength SBL for Nuke is great.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 53Location: Seattle, WAJoined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Increasing the range of Raze for Guerrilla would be awesome. Can't wait to see the changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:39 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Nah. Not gonna happen. At 3 APs, inflicting at least 3 Damage and Knocking Down Ray??? No, now that is a powerful thing, even at 4 inches. Pays off like wonder if you hit 2 models.