<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Leaving combat with exclusive actions

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 148Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm
A recent game brought up a question concerning exclusive actions that move a supreme out of base to base contact with an enemy. The situation was Guerilla's slam exclusive action. When an action like this is used in base to base with an enemy, does Guerilla's controller need to make an opposed roll to avoid a free strike when moving away? We made an assumption, based on the fact that this action is denoted as using a movement action, that it should be treated as moving away normally would be. However, my opponent was trying to claim that, as an exclusive action, the slam exclusive action can ignore the normal free strike rules.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Yup. The issue was the wording "used in place of movement action" or something similar.

It wasn't me he was playing, though. :)

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:16 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Yup, whenever you leave, for any reason unless it is clearly worded that you don't, you get a chance for a free hit. Remember that you can shift your position without leaving BtB and thus don't risk Strikes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Morf wrote:
Yup, whenever you leave, for any reason unless it is clearly worded that you don't, you get a chance for a free hit. Remember that you can shift your position without leaving BtB and thus don't risk Strikes.

Similarly, when shifting "position", as in using *move or *run with Strike, do you get the charge bonus?

Another clarification needed as well, just to verify the quoted text: Gentleman's Gun and Run allows you move through bases of models and make an attack against them.

If Gentleman begins in B2B and uses Gun and Run, I'm going to assume that he would suffer a possible free hit?

On the other hand, the wording 'moves through bases' makes me think that there is a slight chance Gentleman wouldn't suffer a chance for a free hit.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:03 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 32Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:59 am
Yeah, I was gunna ask about "gun & run" too, that came up in my first game...

The real Ty!, No, really!
Offline Profile WWW YIM