<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  New Cards for New releases

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:22 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
The stuff that most of you had yet not seen. Enjoy!
From the next Wave, we'll build some online access to all cards.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:42 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I like those a lot.

Good job!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:15 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Great Stuff!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:35 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 191Location: FranceJoined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:35 am
aaaaah ^^ here they are ;)
great job

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:48 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Yeeeea... I'm pretty impatient these dudes invade my tabletop...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:27 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
We had this game at GenCon, where Apebot pretty much dominated the entire centre of the battlefield. He was literally throwing out every Supreme that came at him!

Remember that with Virus and Guerilla around, this guy can dish 5 Strikes in a Round or Strike/Throw 3 Supremes!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:41 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
For more fun use throw stuff in combination with Nuke's Apocalypse! That's right throw those heroes right into the middle of nukes toxic cloud! I'm planning on testing this one out next game :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Uh... hello? ANybody there? Seems ampty around here...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:08 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
John S. wrote:
Uh... hello? ANybody there? Seems ampty around here...

I'm here, waiting for someone to start a coversation!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
So start talking! What do people think of the new characters, tactics strategy that sort of thing. Come up with some cool combos or synergy with other characters. I can tell you from experience that 6FU is a MONSTER in close combat. He's tough and deals a LOT of damage. His only real weakness is shooting. If you want to take him down you need lots and lots of firepower. In one game I did manage to use Dust to Dust to take out Chimp-Chi, then move on to take out Virus and last put a major hurt on ApeBot. Team him with Blood Rose who can move him into combat quick and heal him up to keep him fighting. What have you guys seen?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:38 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
So start talking! What do people think of the new characters, tactics strategy that sort of thing.

Thats a little difficult for me to do really, as I have only really played with myself (ooooh errr) I'm still in the recruiting new players phase!

Beermonkey wrote:
Come up with some cool combos or synergy with other characters.

Again, not enough experience attempt this yet - I still need to get a "feel" for the rules beyond a basic 'punch-up'!

Beermonkey wrote:
I can tell you from experience that 6FU is a MONSTER in close combat. He's tough and deals a LOT of damage. His only real weakness is shooting. If you want to take him down you need lots and lots of firepower. In one game I did manage to use Dust to Dust to take out Chimp-Chi, then move on to take out Virus and last put a major hurt on ApeBot. Team him with Blood Rose who can move him into combat quick and heal him up to keep him fighting

This bugs me a little, as I personally don't like using proxies to play and as most of the models mentioned have only JUST become generally available AND no Blood Rose - how would I even attempt this!?!?!?!?!

On the Plus side though Pulp Monsters seem to be the ONLY company out there who makes convention specials available AFTER the fact (useful to folk like me).

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:42 am
Well Doctor-Warlock I feel your pain. I use a lot of proxies because I'm a play tester for Pulp Monsters. So I've been using 6FU Apebot etc...for about 5 months or so. Gives me a little more experience and insight into them. I tend to use a lot of re-based hero clix figures for proxy. I also repainted and modded out a bunch of clix to use a citizens. Recently we did a big zombie invasion of Pulp City scenario with a bunch of horror clix as the zombies. It also let us test out Dr. Tenebrious, (He's a scary scary guy). Unfortunately I can't say much more about stuff until it gets released here.

As for finding players bring the rules minis whatever into your local gameshop and find a partner. People will usually ask what you're playing and you can sell them from there. I'll be doing some demos soon, once Alliance starts carrying Pulp City officially. I want to make sure retailers can get the game before I really start plugging it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 am
UNFORTUNATELY MY LGS is pretty much dead miniatures wise, I have my gaming group and thats about it - and with the exception of John - the others are so slow to pick up on anything new its scary! (18 months to get them to play Flames of War - I even bought the one guy the Core rulebook too).

The local Gaming club is pretty much 40k and Warhammer only.

BUT - my Mrs (who is a Superhero junkie) has started looking at my Pulp City miniatures with interest . . . . . . . . . . . .

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:46 am
Quote:
my Mrs (who is a Superhero junkie)

Where do they sell these ones :D

Quote:
As for finding players bring the rules minis whatever into your local gameshop and find a partner.

AS for me, the LGS is pretty much a bunch for AD&D dudes who don't speak english (or very few), and since my mandarin is yet very limited, I doubt I can really trigger anything for the time being. In one year, who knows, but so far, pretty hard:(

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:22 pm
I thought I had it bad with only one LGS in the area. I feel for you guys. So what can we talk about without you having to have other players around?

Offline Profile