<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  New Cards for New releases

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I didn't notice you were here in New England! We'll have to meet up at a con or something Larb!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Absolutely. Unfortunately I can not make Templecon because of work schedule. We'll figure something out...

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 pm
HeroPosts: 169Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm
So I will have to step in and suggest Northeast Wars, the local Burlington con. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Yea, internet is pretty cool even though not perfect, but what, it sure helps... let's face it guys, you still can start an awesome game in the depth of your garage, but unless you have some kind of supermindcontrol power, you won't get far if you don't hit the web someday.
The time of the pioneers is over, Gary Gigax is dead and GW is more of a giant bulldozer trying to squash any attempt of concurrence rather than a friendly community of gamers.
Though, that never prevented what's good from finally making it through.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:14 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
John S. wrote:
Gary Gigax is dead

I'm still reeling from that, and now Patrick MacGoohans dead too :(

John S. wrote:
GW is more of a giant bulldozer trying to squash any attempt of concurrence rather than a friendly community of gamers.

One of the reasons I parted company with GW was their attitude to gaming and their cusotmers, and being told by my Area Manager that I don't shout at my Staff enough . . . . .

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:08 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 287Location: St. Louis, MOJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm
You used to work for GW? Interesting...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Neomorte wrote:

I was only Store Manager (several stores actually), Recruiter, and I Trained Managers - nothing fancy.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:32 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 287Location: St. Louis, MOJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Neomorte wrote:

I was only Store Manager (several stores actually), Recruiter, and I Trained Managers - nothing fancy.

still interesting... :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Interesting!
Let me join this biggest off-topic: the ones that are blessed with a good LGS should support it in every way. In a major city like Warsaw (well over a million citizens though when I drive I think it is more like 3), there are the bad ones and the ones that are trying. One is promising us demos since July...

I buy most of my miniatures in US and UK and shrugged off that weird feeling about supporting brick and mortar when they don't support me as a gamer.

Praise the good LGS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:48 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Morf wrote:
Interesting!
I buy most of my miniatures in US and UK and shrugged off that weird feeling about supporting brick and mortar when they don't support me as a gamer.

Praise the good LGS!

Now this makes me feel better.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM