<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  New Cards for New releases

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:24 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
John S. wrote:
Quote:
my Mrs (who is a Superhero junkie)

Where do they sell these ones :D

She's a hottie too :D

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
I thought I had it bad with only one LGS in the area.

Tell me about it Lol!

Beermonkey wrote:
I feel for you guys. So what can we talk about without you having to have other players around?

Supreme design and theory, ideas and fluff for characters, I'm an experienced gamer just not had a lot of hands on time with Pulp City is all.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Beermonkey wrote:
I thought I had it bad with only one LGS in the area. I feel for you guys. So what can we talk about without you having to have other players around?

lol.

My nearest LGS is around 70 miles and the next one is 90 miles away.

A comic/anime shopt that is about 35 miles away opened up a new store with gaming room, and I've been there twice now, so maybe things will change.

But, no game store within a decent drive makes things difficult. Stupid unpopulated rural Kansas.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:39 pm
varagon wrote:
My nearest LGS is around 70 miles and the next one is 90 miles away.

While I empathise entirely, in a way I would prefer that - its incredibly frustrating to be surrounded by potential gamers who won't try anything new!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:15 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Most of the gamers at my LGS won't do anything but hordes, or GW stuff. Anything else is scary to them or something. I can at least get some of them to try stuff but I know for a fact that my store won't carry them. Hell my LGS won't carry anything it's all special order with them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:33 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Most of the gamers at my LGS won't do anything but hordes, or GW stuff. Anything else is scary to them or something. I can at least get some of them to try stuff but I know for a fact that my store won't carry them. Hell my LGS won't carry anything it's all special order with them.

THEY ORDER STUFF IN FOR FOLKS - BLISS!

WHEN someone is actually in (not down the Pub or shopping etc) you BARELY get recognition when you walk in the store in our LGS let alone any tangible customer service!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Quote:
Most of the gamers at my LGS won't do anything but hordes, or GW stuff. Anything else is scary to them or something.

Oh I totally know that, the kind of guys who are ok playing with YOUR minis, but don't even think about mentioning they could actually get into the game for real...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:55 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Well my LGS is missing the F for friendly. They're more like "all that sells" and usually haven't a clue about the products they sell. Ok, so they do order stuff (ocassionally), but they tend to translate $ to ? in a 1:1 ration, which means the products get roughly 30% more expansive then they are when ordered via the Pulp Monsters web store. Now don't get me wrong, I am very much in favor of supporting the FLGS, but the shops themselves must make it worth to support them, too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:13 pm
John S. wrote:
Oh I totally know that, the kind of guys who are ok playing with YOUR minis, but don't even think about mentioning they could actually get into the game for real...

This is why I don't like doing Demo's with my own miniatures, they always get wrecked or stolen :(

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:14 pm
Wendigo wrote:
Well my LGS is missing the F for friendly. They're more like "all that sells" and usually haven't a clue about the products they sell. Ok, so they do order stuff (ocassionally), but they tend to translate $ to ? in a 1:1 ration, which means the products get roughly 30% more expansive then they are when ordered via the Pulp Monsters web store. Now don't get me wrong, I am very much in favor of supporting the FLGS, but the shops themselves must make it worth to support them, too.

But, why support them when they don't support their customers?

That may be harsh for me to write, but its true. Gaming shops should do their best to look after their customers, after all its those that buy who pay the bills!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:30 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Quote:
Gaming shops should do their best to look after their customers, after all its those that buy who pay the bills!

That's so true... I'm always amazed when the clerk looks at you in this could-you-leave-me-alone manner when I'm asking a question about the product he is selling and is -besides- supposed to be somehow interested in.
But unfortunately for me, I come from a small town, which means that I never had more than 1 LGS in the neighborhood at a time...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:20 pm
John S. wrote:
But unfortunately for me, I come from a small town, which means that I never had more than 1 LGS in the neighborhood at a time...

Thats one of the most irritating things about Forums (for me at least), is "meeting" all these interesting folks who you know damn well you would get on a storm with - but you will most likely never get to meet in person!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:26 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Now that's the truth and then some! While the internet does bring people together from all over the world you do miss out on meeting them face to face. On the other hand if not for the internet would we be this excited about a game from a couple of guys in Poland? So I'd rather have online friends I don't get to see than never have meet you guys at all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:40 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Now that's the truth and then some! While the internet does bring people together from all over the world you do miss out on meeting them face to face. On the other hand if not for the internet would we be this excited about a game from a couple of guys in Poland? So I'd rather have online friends I don't get to see than never have meet you guys at all.

I've always been on the prowl for new Games and miniatures, but few really REALLY grab my attention.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I completely agree Beermonkey!

Because of Gencon I've actually had the privilage to buy a beer from some friends I've met online through online wargaming communities. And Maine is not all that far from Vermont...

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile