<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  A few newbie questions to this wonderful game

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:59 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 am
Hi all,
This is my very first post here.
Have to say I love this game.
Searched a long time for a cool mini game where I don?t have to use 30 models or so?..
And what kan I say?.
Superhero?s !!!!!

Ok I have a few Newbie question?.

Movement.
You?re allowed to make 2 move actions during a round.
Is Androida?s Lightning Fast also a move action? When yes whats the difference with move and run??
Is Blink also a movement action?

Exclusive Action.
What does Hellsmiths Team power mean? Every friendly model gets Power for AP1, whats Power for a skill?

Twilight's Lurk, before making the Range attack opposed roll do I have to make a Mind v. Agility opposed roll? Or is no Range attack roll necesery after the mind roll?

I also have some trouble with the fact that a power says SBL2 and then says in the models Agility range....
does this mean every enemy in 2" of the model is affected or in the 4" agility range?

Thats it for now :-)
Thx all

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
First off welcome to Pulp City Method! Nice to have you here.

Ok on to the questions.

Yes you get to move actions. Androida gets to move actions AND can use Lighting Fast in addition to those. Add that up and our girl can move 15" a round. That's why she's a speedster. And yes Blink is a move action you use instead of Walk.

Hellsmith has Power for Price 1. That means if you take a point of damage you can add +1 to your Strength opposed roll. His team power lets others do the same thing.

When you shoot at a Lurking character like Twilight or Gentleman you pay the AP for the action. Then you make the Mind vs. Agility roll. If you lose the roll you don't get to attack. If you win the roll you can make the attack as normal, either way you still spend the AP.

What is this last power you're asking about? I can't really answer unless I know the power and character in question.

Hope this answers most of your questions and I'm sure Morf or Corperate Sellout will be by any time now to correct anything I got wrong. Again welcome to Pulp City it's nice to have you here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 am
He Beermonkey, thx for the answers....

The Action I mean is like Twilights Shadow Theft, it says SBL2 and then Against eny models in Agility range....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Hmmm.... don't have the card in front of me at the moment but I think you get go by the text and ignore the SBL2. Unless or until we hear different go with that. I'll check the card when I get home and let you know if anything changes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:02 am
Hmm played a few games yesterday with only Iron Train, Androida, Twilight and Hellsmith butt still some things are unclear :(

You can make an Universal action or a Exclusive action.
Androida's Lightning fast action can be combined with move and run together?
Isn't that 2 action you make then?

Other question, Hellsmith may make 2 strike attacks because of beeing level 2, can I boost them both with Trump Traits Power Up?
If I pick somthing up with Hellsmith (strength 6) and throw something thats strenght 1-4 I get +2 range, what if I pick something up with strength 9-10, do I get the normal 6" range or is it impossible to pick up?
Can I pick something up and walk with it?
If I hit some one with a trashcan its strength 6 (Hellsmith), when I pick up a car its also strength 6?

If I play with Iron train, can I combine the basic Power Up AND the advanced Throw Trump Traits together?

So many question, but enjoying the game :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Faster than Bullet must be combined with either Move* or Run*. But since you can only combine two actions she can not do all three. She can only do two of them.

Yup. Power Up is an *trump action and as an exception these may added to one or two other combined actions.

Hellsmith may not pick up something larger than a car. He does get +2" of range on things in the lower category however.

I hope this helps and welcome to the game!

Edit: Changed my Power Up comment to correct answer because you learn something new every day.

Last edited by Invader Larb on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:14 pm
MortalPosts: 21Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:18 am
Regarding the power up. Does it count as a real action? Meaning i can not combine a move, a strike and power up the strike in one activation?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:55 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 287Location: St. Louis, MOJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm
Schlunz wrote:
Regarding the power up. Does it count as a real action? Meaning i can not combine a move, a strike and power up the strike in one activation?

In this instance, yes. Power Up* can be combined with Move* and Strike. It is a Trump Trait Action and has a special rule that allows it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 pm
Also remember that an action can only be used ONCE in a given game round. The only exception to this rule is the universal action Strike. So you can only ever Power Up one action in a game round. Also when you Power Up and attack that effects multiple people, like throwing a car that will hit two models, You only get to the Power Up against one of the two.

As for picking up a car and carrying it around... not sure. I had proposed a rule that would allow for this months ago but nothing really came of it. I'll will share my version if you want to use it in friendly games but it's not official. If both people agree to use these I'm sure it's fine.

- An object may be thrown a number of times equal to it's level before it is destroyed. Thus a trashcan can only be used once, a car twice etc...

- You may pick up an object to carry and use it to bash people with. Use the pick up action and you become burdened. When you make a strike action gain +1 Strength and the Bruiser skill for that attack. A bashing attack always destroys an object.

Hope this helps you.