<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  ApeBot's rampage

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:22 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Apebots Rampage is an Aura.

I assumed that when Apebot activates this action all figures within 2 inches of his base suffer an opposed roll. If any other figures enters the aura later in the round they would suffer a Opposed roll.

Is this correct?

Last edited by Jim Dice on Fri May 08, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:50 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
My understanding is that it only triggers on models that enter. I do not think it does an opposed roll against models that are in the aura when he does the action.

But I could be wrong. If I am wrong, that's gross.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Just like Nuke's Apocalypse power only models entering the aura would be affected. Like Nukes power it's an area denial ability more than a damaging effect. Mostly it's there to help protect poor squishy Virus.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Nukes Apocalypse states: Any model caught in the area or moving into...

So when Apocalypse goes off those that are in the aura's range get hit IMO. Nuke cannot move while APOC is on and is obviously an area denial. Hey he is a living Nuke after all.

Apebot's rampage is similiar excpet he can also move when rampage is on. So does that mean those models Apebot crosses would take hit?

They have entered the Aura, ableit involuntary.

If you are next to Apebot when rampage is intiated you gonna get hit. Except Virus of course. The aura comes into effect and the figures are entering it for the first time, again involuntary.

It's purpose is about laying the smackdown and Defend the master is about protecting virus.

Apebot has no exclusive actions that are attacks. He has to rely on strikes and an odd throw.

What was the designers intention and how was it played during playtesting?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:00 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Entering ussually means just that, the enemy model moves into the area. Moving closer means you moved closer not that they "entered."

Does that make sense?

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:49 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup what Larb said. Basically when in doubt go with what the card says. Only models that enter the aura are affected. Sorry I brought up the whole Nuke thing, that probably just confused the issue. I think we're all so used to the vagaries inherent in other games that the simple straight forward nature of many Pulp cards confuse us. Almost all the powers mean exactly what they say. Hope this helps.